• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC and condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

WC and condensation????

Can WC be affected by condensation, coz somebody ask me that he afraid to WC his rig because of condensation, just wondrin.

Last edited:
Nope...
The lowest temp. u ever get is ambient temperature... so condensation is not a big deal (if any)

There's a HUGE myths and answers here @ overclockers, check it out

Not a problem for regular watercooling, like using room temp air to cool the radiator.
The problems come when using cooler than room air, causing your water temperature to dip below room temp. That's when condensation can become a factor.
Hanging your heatercore out a window during winter is one way to this, but like I said when using regular room temp air it's no problem. Your water temp will always be a couple degrees warmer because heatercores aren't perfect (nothing is).

hahaha, the misconceptions of those who little of watercooling. i used to be scared of wc too, but not for things like condensation which cant happen in a regular wc system.

You only get condensation on objects that get below the dew point. The dew point is below ambient and the common misconception is that if your parts get below ambient that condensation will form. This is wrong. Depending upon relative humidity the dew point varies. In a high humidity environment the dew point is significantly higher than in a low humidity environment, but unless relative humidity is 100% the dew point is never ambient. In which case it's raining. If you were in the bottom of Death Valley, dew point would be considerably lower than the ambient temperature.

But at any rate, watercooling still uses ambient air through the radiator and as a result coolant temperatures cannot even reach ambient temperatures, so reaching the dew point is entirely out of the question. There is no way you could get condensation with regular watercooling.

Back