• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying a DD Maze 3 for a 6800Gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I modded my Maze 2 waterblock to fit on the mounting holeso n my A64 board, the way i did it was to drill 2 holes in the block make 2 brackets for both holes on each side of the block and bolt it down then seal both sides with Liquid Nails (yes its a contruction glue hehe), i did this cuss my block wasnt long enough to reach the mounting holes on this mobo and it worked, havent had a problem for the 4-5 months iv had this A64 setup.

Iv decited to try something liek this for my 6800Gt Its a lucent top or Acrylic so this task is ganan be a little harder.

I was wondering what do you guys think about this. I also was wondering about the wieght. Im not sure if the block is to heavy or not for the 6800Gt. It isnt solid copper just half copper and half Acrylic so that helps. But the block is pretty massive and im worried about it bending my card. What do you guys think ?

Just make a plate that goes over the block, it doesn't even have to be attached to the block, but you could just attach it with some glue so it doesn't slide around.

the holes on my block actually line up perfectly for the 4 mounting holes so all i need to do is buy some smaller bolts to mount it on the block

Back