• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator a little bent...still works??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuclear_Fuzion

I got my stacker case this weekend, and began installing my H20 parts ASAP. I bought a dual 120MM HC from VoyeurMods, thinking it was gonna fit in the drive cages...to my dismay it was about 1/2" too big so I couldn't get it to fit.

Now, I got my old DTEK ProCore to fit in, but I really had to apply a little force. It bent the side of the rad a little, mostly from the drive cage notches squeezing in. I removed the HC and ran some alcohol thru it, and noticed no leaks. I also blew air into it, which it flowed freely out the other barb. Did I do serious damage by bending the sides a bit? Could I have damaged the flow?

Also, until I can find a dual HC that will fit, do you guys think that the single 120MM ProCore can cool my FX-55 and X800XT-PE effectively? I've got 2 evercool fans on it in a push / pull.

Sorry for the length

I have a heatercore, and one side is kinda pushed down. I thought it might leak, but it works. As long as you have leak tested it for a while, and it doesnt leak.. I dont see why it wouldnt work.

A single 120mm will cool fine, and with your 2 fans on it, I think it should do exceptionally well.

Nuclear_Fuzion said:
I got my stacker case this weekend, and began installing my H20 parts ASAP. I bought a dual 120MM HC from VoyeurMods, thinking it was gonna fit in the drive cages...to my dismay it was about 1/2" too big so I couldn't get it to fit.

Now, I got my old DTEK ProCore to fit in, but I really had to apply a little force. It bent the side of the rad a little, mostly from the drive cage notches squeezing in. I removed the HC and ran some alcohol thru it, and noticed no leaks. I also blew air into it, which it flowed freely out the other barb. Did I do serious damage by bending the sides a bit? Could I have damaged the flow?

Also, until I can find a dual HC that will fit, do you guys think that the single 120MM ProCore can cool my FX-55 and X800XT-PE effectively? I've got 2 evercool fans on it in a push / pull.

Sorry for the length

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=330342&highlight=stacker
Scroatdog had a Bonneville core which seems like a dual 120 core(sorry newbie at this) and fit right in the drive cages. I'm currently eyeing that CM stacker case myself and my biggiest concern is the problem that you are having. I'm planning on using the D-tek 120MM procore as well. So confused... Good luck btw.

Back