• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

double Via 1300 performance, any idea?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hey does anyone have any idea on if it would be a good idea to use two Via 1300 in a single block (possibly double in the future) water cooling system?
I'd be using a heatercore, cpu block, homemade res, and possibly two via 1300 pumps.
Would the pumps give me decent performance since there would be twice as much pressure/flow? Like if I put a pump before and after the heatercore or something?
Would it give me more flow then an MCP600 or something similar?

You missed out the most important part - whats the cpu block?

The difference will probably be pretty small, though, to be honest.

that may be true, but he is using a pretty big rad....
maybe the high flowrates or high head pressure (dependeing on which his block prefers) could yield a benefit despite the added pump-watts, no?

PS

Green why dont U run that D4 with the Via?

inspired by this:

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10825

assuming his rad has a C/W of .04

then water will be 4C warmer for every 100w

or 1.3C warmer for the 28w a via puts in

there's not a single waterblock in the in pH's graph that exhibits more than a 1C drop from 1GPM to 2GPM, which is my estimation of the flow difference you'd see.

hi ho hi ho

off to school we go, eh?

so in short, Sen_C....it's not worth the extra 28w unless the rad efficency goes way up

Back