• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water testing before instalation...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech_Pen

Registered
I have read the threads that tell you to ALWAYS TEST YOU LOOP FIRST,
I know this is kind ok a lame question, but what remains somewhat gray is once I test my water components for 24 hours is it ok to dissconnect the water lines to fine tune the line length and install the electronic components?

well disconnecting would be kind of stupid, as after reconnection, you would have to leak test again for clamps leakage.

I say get the measurement done right, THEN assemble and leak test. Then drain and install (I installed while filled) and youre done.

I know it was weak but I'm really kind of green to this, I assumed I was testing the blocks and rads I figured for as tight as the tubing fits to the blocks, ect that wasnt what I had to worry about.

no there is no need...

put your mobo and vid-card in teh case....now mount the block on the socket (without any CPU) and figure out the best position for your rad, pump, and Tline/res.
Now cut your tubing to the appropriate lenghts.
Take all teh WC stuff outta the case and assemble it with tubings, clamps, the works.
Fill it up and leak-test it over night (with pump on)
Then If you want drain it again, and install (I installed while filled and never drained again) Its a good idea to drain hough, so that gunk that mighta been stuck in teh rad etc can be flushed out.
Done

(BTW NEVER USE ANYTHING BUT DISTILLED IN THE LOOP, NEVER ANY TAP_WATER EVER !)

I've found that if you're using clamps, it is unlikely to get a leak from between the tubing and the barb. The only time I've gotten leaks is from overtightening barbs on the radiator.

Because of space constraints I have to take apart my loop to fit it in my case. whenever I go to fill the loop again, I always put paper towels underneath anything I've loosened/removed, then keep an eye on them untill the system is fully filled and bled.

Senater_Cache has the ideal solution, but if you want/have to expose yourself to a little more risk; precautions like paper towels are only good common sense.

Back