• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling 101

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

Well after buying a new system and finally given the chance to do some serious overclocking like I had read about so long it only brought me to one conclusion... I want more :)

This setup was all on air and having modded my case and buying all the best quality stuff (at the time of build) I feel I have learned alot... I havent learned everything but thats the fun of it all... trying new stuff and learning and hopefully getting a fast system in the end.

I've already been making plans for my new system some time next year probably... so far the list is something like S939 SLI board, most overclockable CPU that can be found, 2 of the next generation SLI video cards, and if high overclocks are feesible with 2GB RAM I'll be going that route.... and of course as things change over the next few months so will my list... its not set in stone, all I know is I want it to be the very best or at least very close to the very best when its done.

I would like to go with water cooling for my next system... I'm sure you figured that out already or why would I be posting in here? lol ... The thing is I really dont know jack **** about it. I always thought man that stuff is way too complicated for me but after reading here and there for quite some time I think its definately something I could handle given the time and research thats needed.

On a side note I know there are better setups but also more pricey and definately more complicated... Phase Changing and some other stuff I cant remember but I gotta take it one step at a time... so water it is.

So ... all that being said ... I need some Water Cooling 101 :) Is there any place I can go that can give me an overview of everything involved? I understand the concept behind it and know what some of the more simpler parts are of course... reservoir, the CPU/GPU blocks, radiator etc.... but there's still alot I have no clue about. TEC? Water Chiller?

How much would a good setup cost me? ... something that will give me plenty of headroom for overclocking. I dont want some off-brand cheapy setup. Who makes the best stuff? What are the good and bad things you can do? What are the most common types of setups? Whats something that wouldnt be too hard for a novice to setup but yet still be a good setup?

Thanks for any help.

Oops I dont know how I missed that on the top lol... sorry :)

Thanks for the info.

Back