• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many fans on your Heater core or Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many fans on your Heater core or Radiator?

• One

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • Two

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • Three

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Four

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • More than Six

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters

Ploaf

********Posted at the request of sunrunner20.**********
How many fans to you have on your heater core or radiator?
Please vote and reply how they are arranged.
For example: State whether they are in a push/pull setup and if the shroud has a divider in it, along with the number of fans.

i have 8 of them...6 of them are 80mm and are blowing air through the heatercore. Two of them are 120 mm fans that such out the air that the 80mm blows. There is a shroud. The two fans are also at 7 volts

jopapa1267 said:
Whats the cfm for the sanko denki things?

102.4 CFM

Heres a repost of some more info of these fans

Nihksub1 (Whom I consider to be one of the most knowledgeable in Overclocking at this site) bought a few of them Sanyo Denkis and I will quote him:

nikhsub1 said:
Yep, I can vouch for these fans, they are most incredible, they make my Sunon's, Panaflo's etc look like toys.

nikhsub1 said:
IMO yes. I have 1 Panaflo M1A which is rated at 86CFM at 35dBa. This fan is also on the fan controller and it seems louder than the Denki's. It has a noise to it that is not just wind noise, almost like a slight whine. These Sanyo Denki's are my new favorite fan, bar none (thanks again SSS!). All I hear with them is air, no whine no motor just air, and lots of it!

ra3.jpg

The seller of these fans now sells them in the Classifieds at my request, For those unable to view the Classifieds he made us a special Ebay Listing here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26216&item=3851123663&rd=1

There's more pics of this fan HERE

Ok. First of all I personally plan to have 2 Sanyo-Denki fans pulling air though my 2-302 (77' b'ville) Heater core. And on a side not about fans, I am very picky about noise levels. I bough to of the Sanyo-Denki fans SSS keeps raving about. Least to say I am happy with the noise level, I don't know about CFM performance as these are the first 120mm fans I’ve had. They are practically silent at 5v and up until 10v they are quieter than the rush of air the always running 4-ton AC unit that is right next to my room.
I will be able to sleep with 2 of these fans running at 7v! :thup:

Last edited:
holy. 6 of those fans with 100 cfm. i wonder wat temps he with his watercooling set.

One more star under your name, and you'll be able to buy from/sell to members on the forums. They'll appear on the first forum page...it keeps trolls at bay, by making them have to hang around and work to rip people off. (most won't invest the effort, for the others, we have a Sam) ;)

I have 4 Sanyo Denki 120mm fans on my 16" x 20" radiator, all pulling.
4 separate shrouds 8" x10" x 6" deep.

Just one 120mm fan that's pushing out the top of my case through my heater core that's sitting up top. It seems to work quite well.

-DarkArctic

2 SilenX 120's on my 77 bville 2-199 (14dBa 58 CFM)

Yes I know there is too much HC restriction for those fans, but I may be the most anal about fans here(I think the panaflo L1A 80's venting my case are too loud.), and I'm happy with stability and temps. Not to mention in a pulling setup like mine, the losses in terms of pressure deficiency are minimized. Definately wont pay for any more silenX's (23 USD each :bang head ), the sanyos are much better value for money. Second rig, ill get those.

By the way... our sanyo denki guy on ebay has 5172 sells..... :eek:

sunrunner20 said:
He probably has them running at ~7v not the full 12. Each one puts out ~80 CFM at that voltage.

Nihksub1 uses not one but two Fan controllers for all his fans in The Beast II ;) I run the Sanyo Denki's at around 10 volts as I like a quiet PC myself.

My Counter-Rotating 10,500rpm Northbridge fan is a noisy bugger, and that I run at 6500rpm-7000rpm (Roughly 7 volts)

I'm running 8 Sanyo Denkis pulling through 3 2-342's in series. All at 12v currently :eek: My Sunbeam rheo should be arriving today so I'll finally be able to tame this windtunnel ;)

Just one for me, "pushing" air from the top of my case through the rad & into my case.......Shroud in between.

Back