• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powerhead Pro 3 Pump, anyone used it or heard of it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hey, well I went into my local pet store today and was talking to the lady (I don't think she knew too much though) and I told her what I was looking for a pump for, anyway She reccommended me the Pro 3 from Powerhead.
It pumps 160-290 G.P.H.
Is this enough??
Or should I bring it back?

hate to tell u this but try googling it while ur wating for others to reply or dont get replys...i said i hate telling u that because i hate when people say "google it" lol its liek im too lazy

jcw122 said:
hate to tell u this but try googling it while ur wating for others to reply or dont get replys...i said i hate telling u that because i hate when people say "google it" lol its liek im too lazy
Already did....
Not many people seem to have used it in WC cases
I'm just wondering if 290GPH is respectable

Well I think I'll bring it back, as it turns out the Via 1300 has 370GPH which most people still consider to be a not-so-strong pump.
So this is definately weak...
Back to the pet store we go, to tell the lady to get a real job...

its not all about GPH, head is very important. For example, the Laing D4 has 317 GPH, but 10ft of head, while the Via 1300 has 370 GPH, but only like 2-3 feet of head I believe. Thus, the D4 is FARRRRR superior to the 1300, they arent even in the same league.

Hmm this does not tell me the amount of head on the box I don't think
and I can't seem to find any specs for it online

Achilles17 said:
its not all about GPH, head is very important. For example, the Laing D4 has 317 GPH, but 10ft of head, while the Via 1300 has 370 GPH, but only like 2-3 feet of head I believe. Thus, the D4 is FARRRRR superior to the 1300, they arent even in the same league.

6 ft

get the specs right

Back