• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy a WC setup for current system and use it for a new system later?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

Would it be possible to buy a good water cooling setup to use for my current system (in signature) and then transfer it over later to a S939 SLI system?

I'm really bored with where I'm at now and I want some new stuff to play with. I was thinking of waiting a few months and just build everything at once... but if I can buy something to use and play with now I'll have alot more knowledge for my new system... but only as long as I can use what I buy now and it will be good enough for a new system later.

sure, just get a cpu block that also fits socket 939, or that you can buy an adapter for that supports 939. Do the same with your GPU block. Everything else doesnt depend on components.

Would Danger Den be a good place to buy the stuff? I know this might sound like a bit of a hassle to ask someone to do but could someone give me a list of some quality parts that I can use for this system and then change it over to a later system.

I'm not really that worried about the blocks, they arent all that expensive and I can just buy some new ones for a new system if need be... but if possible at least the CPU block that would work on an AXP and 939 would be nice.

What I'm mainly concerned with is just getting a good radiator, pump, and reservoir.

Back