• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a good case for a new WCing setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

I'm sorry if this was already discussed somewhere but I couldnt find it in the forum or in the stickies anywhere.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy a WCing setup but my Xaser III isnt going to cut it to fit everything inside like I"m wanting to do.

I am thinking about using a bay reservoir and I'll need room for 2 DVD Drives, at least 2 HDD's (4 if possible), a bay for my sunbeam rheobus, floppy drive... and enough room to fit the radiator and pump obviously... I think it would be best to have a radiator or heatercore that will support 2 120mm fans. If they have any cases out there that have room for 2 120mm exhausts in the back I would prefer that as well.

Cost doesnt matter, I dont mind having to do a few mods but nothing too extreme I'm still no expert at mods, and hopefully something that wont be cramped.

Thanks.

I just watercooled my xaser III with a dual heatercore, worked out very nicely. But, I had to take out the HDD bays, the 3.5" bays, and that thing on the bottom there, which you probly wont want to do. When it comes down to dual heatercore or floppy, dual HC wins.

Also, look into the Cooler Master Stacker, VERY big case with lots of room to put WC stuff in.

The bigger the better. I'm working on a matx slimline case next for H2O cooling. That will be a challenge...

You want a case that has a lot of room on the bottom (or wherever else you plan on mounting a majority of your parts). You don't want to have to detatch the pump to be able to install expansion cards (like I have to do), or twist your fingers to be able to reach the cmos reset jumper (like I have to do).

Back