• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grumble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

I just hooked up my new SI-97 to see how it compared to my WC'ing setup and my temps barely changed :mad:

Any see anything wrong with the combo of a G4, DTek Procore, and Iwaki MD-20RT and about 4 or 5 ft of 7/16" ID tubing? I'm extremely frustrated that it only give me about a 1C lower temp in load over the SI-97 I hooked up. There are no kinks or tight bends in the tubing, and I flushed my system several times to get all the silicon floating around in it out (the G4 works really well as a filter). That amount of tubing shouldn't make much of an impact with my pump.

Grr, wish I had the time, money and space for a 120.3 thermochill, surely that would fix my probs. That giant ugly server case I have keeps getting better looking everyday.....

Gongo56 said:
i think it's the g4.. send it to me so i can test my hypothesis

Why don't I send you my SS number and credit cards while I'm at it. :p

Well let me give you my water/air comparison:
SI-97 with panaflo 92mm fan, 2.5ghz 1.85v 53c load
Cascade, dual heatercores, big quiet fans, mag3, 2.6ghz 1.85v 40c load

Try making more heat with your cpu, your water temps shouldn't change much but your air temps should.

@ load I get about 48 on air (hasn't finished settling yet) and 46 on water.
It's with the processor in my sig

I think I'll crack my G4 open again and see if some more gunk came loose. First time I ran it 75% of the jets got clogged. Hope I have enough canned air left to clean em out if they're jammed.

it's whatever the nsf-7 uses. the temps don't really vary that much on me, so I'm assuming the change is close to actual. I could be horribly wrong though.

The NF7 reads off a thermister in the socket, under the cpu. It is not accurate at all. You can see 20C changes between different bios versions.

^^from anouther thread.

The lack of airflow around the socket when water cooling may make it appear that the temps with WCing are higher than they actualy are.

Air cooling obviously has plenty of airflow around the socket.....

first of all who cares about temps. they arnt an accurate measure. system stability at higher overclock is.
second your sensors like moving air and without it you wont notice much of a change because that is the drawback of using the board to measure

edit doh just saw cors post and it is basically the same thing

Not that I disagree, but it's a real sharp stick in the eye to buy the hottest (no pun intended) block out there and not see any significant improvement, especially when expectations have been raised by all the reviews, comments and opinions.

Yes I can understand but he should be measuring the performance of the block by the amount of OC he gets not the temp. The temp readings we get from the mobo and even the cpu diode are pretty much meaningless.

Alot of people are very disappointed because of things like this, I try to warn people about what to expect but there will always be those who end up dissapointed.

You can test this out by opening the case and blowing a big fan at it. If the temps come down, then lack of air flow is the cause.

In my case, when I went from air to water my MB temp reading went up, but my CPU temp decreased. I figure the MB temp rise was due to not having my Zalman 7000 in there anymore.

Back