• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance CHC-A05 on video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moto7451

Senior Something
I was wondering if anyone has had success with the CHC-AO5 on video cards such as the Radeon 9600 & 9550. I am planning on switching to water for the fun of it so I'm assembling a system made out of inexpensive parts that will give me a nice & quiet system (overclocking past what I have isn't the goal). I found the A05 for a good price & was wondering if it will work fine on my 9550. I have overclocked it to 400MHz core speed (though I'm not sure if it really is or not, ATI Tool says it is) & have a Crystal Orb on it.

Anyway, Koolance says that the A05 isn't recommended for video cards since it is designed for only 30W of heat but I'm not sure if that is a realistic limit or not. In the video card section they have a sticky that says that a 9800 makes 35W of heat & I'm sure a 9550/9600 makes less heat. Has anyone used this block on a GPU (their pictures show it on a GPU)?

I ran one on my old GeForce3 and it did an ok job.. but I upgraded to GPU-180-L06 with my new card.. I would much more reccomend using GPU-180-L06 for the easy clampless connects and it just looks cooler ;)

Back