• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla FireFox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

I suggest to one of the network administrators at my school to upgrade to Mozilla FIrefox. ANd he replied Mozilla is crap, its made by a small compny, and come with spyware buildin to steal yuor personal information, and simply cannot install it. And he aslo says that M$ is 100 more stable then any linux products. Linux will crash like crazy if you applications runnig it. its only good for one thing, eg DHCP server.
is this thing true about mozilla
Thanks

No, none of that is true. While Firefox is still small, and still under development, it works much better than anything M$ has ever put out.

Id say this guy is very uneducated when it comes to anything involving computers. Linux is a much better put together system, if he can't figure out how to use it, and runs some command, and breaks something, of course he is going to say that Linux sucks.

Don't listen to a word this guy says, and don't waste your breath talking to him. People like this cannot be reasoned with. Stay far far far away.

I prefer Firefox over MSIE any day. Its more stable, has tabbed browsing, and doesnt have a security flaw exposed every week....

If he says no, then unforunately you can't do anything about it if he's in charge of the network, unless you can go over his head somehow.

He seems like another ignorant administrator. Most administrators are stuck doing things their own way and who's to tell them not to? We run Linux and Mozilla at the office and we almost never have any problems. :thup:

I prefer Mozilla well. But I was disappointed the way the network administrator told me his response, he made me look stupid.
Thanks

I would have questioned his reasoning and told him to prove it. That would make him squirm.

People that always spout off about stuff like that making all these claims without actually offering any reason for them drive me nuts. I just can not stand it when people act so ignorantly and they will refuse to listen to anything because they are "right".

You should invite your Admin to come on the forum and have a discusion with us about the merits of both programs :).

I' ve using firefox for some time and I can just say that it leaves ie eating dust.
its faster
more reliable
no popups
tabbed browsing
more secure (its not integrated with the O.S.)
and you can costumize it as you like.

Khufu said:
I' ve using firefox for some time and I can just say that it leaves ie eating dust.
its faster
more reliable
no popups
tabbed browsing
more secure (its not integrated with the O.S.)
and you can costumize it as you like.

Amen brother. To add to the list, you also get extensions that allow you to modify firefox in any way you want. I currently have fox tunes (allows me to control winamp within firefox) gmail plugin that allows me to check my mail, easy mouse gestuers, and bandwith tester. Heck I'm about to install a calender right now. :)

Back