• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using xp copying files from old 98 os unable to delete copied filed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John1z1

Registered
Hard drive crashed last Saturday, so all my back files were on my old copy of windows 98. After I got my system up and running again with sp2, I decided to copy some of my old files from my old hard drive to this one. I want to try to delete a folder, and it keeps telling me access denied, no other programs that I can tell are trying to access this folder at the moment.

The folder has no programs or files inside of it, and I've tried to release its read only attribute, and they will always reinitiate this and tell me that the file is ready to be archived.

It was only a user file with some macro keys and desk top specifications that I'm running on Ultimate on line. Nothing more.

Any help how I can circumvent this even if there is a way in safe mode? I can find no other way to do it except for do it from another xp operating system which is not the host drive. Thank you.

Back