• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My good ol' swifty.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

I was going through and old box of computer parts and I came across the first waterblock I ever owned. Turns out it's going to serve me well again.

DSC00470.JPG

DSC00464.JPG

why are u using it now did ur other block break or what? Thats pretty cool i haven't seen a waterblock that old in ages. Also whats on the bottom of the block?

Looks like ICEE to me;)

Looks good man, gotta love digging through the old boxes of stuff and finding something useful.

Jon

ChillTemps.JPG

That was after I ran the water chiller through it for about 4 minutes and then let it sit with just the pump running for another 3 or 4 minutes.

Last edited:
Back when Swiftech blocks were beasts to behold.

I have an old MCW462B. Not as big or good a performer as that one, but still, I'm not going to give it up just because it's a cooling relic.

Old stuff can be cool.

:eek: how are you pumping water that cold?
i wonder if those old blocks are worth something to collectors???

Talon101 said:
:eek: how are you pumping water that cold?
i wonder if those old blocks are worth something to collectors???

I built a chiller yesterday. I need to work on making it smaller though. First I'll have to build a new fram for it. Just used a nice big platform to design it and work the kinks out.

DSC00454.JPG

Heh, I need to work on insulating it as well.

Last edited:
wow you like to take chances, just a little more humidity and you got drippage, all it takes is enough condensation, and to have a little melt.

Looks fun though! I still havent cooled my computer that cold to cause frost, but I have played with condensation too much. I have stuff waiting to be cooled but I still never get around to taking the chance.

Jon

Yeah, I've been lucky so far. Taking a few steps to control the condensation. I've gotten the unit down to -4C today. I can't wait to make some adjustments to see how far I can push it.

You sure are a brave man, I would be freaking out having that inside of my computer. You just waiting till you get it up and running the way you want it before you start to insulate anything and everything? Looks good so far keep us posted.

Ad Rock said:
You sure are a brave man, I would be freaking out having that inside of my computer. You just waiting till you get it up and running the way you want it before you start to insulate anything and everything? Looks good so far keep us posted.

Whats insulation? :beer:

Tech_Pen said:
Dude you have stones of pure copper... thats very cool but way freaken crazy.
I have to say you have too much time on your hands...

no offence intended :)

lol, well actually I have to deal with stuff like this every day. Only took me about 6 hours to build this thing, spanned across two days :santa2:

Back