• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After hours of Reading My set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OcLinNoob

After hours of Reading, My set up

Hi, I'm about to buy these parts. Can people give me there comments and suggestions and tips, thanks
pump=Danger Den DD12V-D4
radiator=Dtek Pro 120+ 1x 120mm fan
cpu block= swiftech 6002
tubing= 7-10 feet tygon
clamps= Steel Hoseclamps

Last edited:
looks excellent, enjoy.

I have the same setup.

One suggestion I can give you is...if you can fit it, get a dual heatercore not just a single.
If you like premodded stuff you can buy it at DangerDen together with your D4. They call it big momma Heatercore.

IThe bigger rad will give you temps that are better by about 5C, and will give you ample cooling capability for installing a GPU block down the road.

check out how I set up my system for pointers...
My setup

PS about the additive ...technically you do not need one as your loop is all copper/brass, but its good to be safe.
I say you buy some zerex racing coolant with your DangerDen purchase (they sell it) and do about 5%zerex 95%distilled water. that should be good.

man i wish I could but i don't have any tools to cut the holes with. The bottom one is an exhaust hole for just a 80mm fan. If I out it on top where the cd roms are I can just pull out the coverings?

I think he meant on the top, as in lying horizontally, facing upwards. You're gonna need to cut holes no matter what though, as at the very least you will need a 120mm hole in your case for the fan. A holesaw works great, drills very nice holes, just get the 4.75" or 4.5" one (something like 119 or 114mm).

Setup looks great, but you should get a shroud. Much better temps and less noise. You have the room, so if you want just get one with the DD core, or the Dtek one if you opt for that. Do try and get the DD double core to fit, as it would give you much better temps, but dont go too far out of your way to do it.

I meant putting it where the cdrom drives are and instead of making a exhaust i woulf just take out the bay covers

Back