• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm up and running on water....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

Well, Finally finished the watercooling setup, somewhat. I will probably tidy things up a bit. My temps don't seem as though they have improved theough. looking at Smartguardian the temps are dropping 1-4 degrees from where they used to be :( Is that expected? I am using an AMD64 stock speeds for now and my temps with the stock hsf was 39 C, now it is going from 36-39. Not quite what I was expecting. My 6800 dropped about 7 degrees.

I'm using deal heatercore
MCW50
MCW 6002
1/2" clearflex and tubing
VW Antifreeze
UV deep blue dye
Arctic Silver5

Still not sure if the temps are low enough to start overclocking.... bah!

Crappy pic.... little disappointed now, but oh well I suppose
wcfinish.JPG

hmm don't know lian-li cases very well but isn't that setup backwards? shouldn't the mb be on the other side of the case? wow, i never seen the video card toward the top of the case. I like it :D

this is exactly how my setup is going to be, I am using pressy tho. plus I will have 2X dual heatercore.

what was your temps b4? what's your idle/load temps now. can you post some more pics?

thanks.

Talon101 said:
hmm don't know lian-li cases very well but isn't that setup backwards? shouldn't the mb be on the other side of the case? wow, i never seen the video card toward the top of the case. I like it :D

all the new LL V1000/2000 series come like that. the CM stacker can be converted to that too.. they're all preping the way for BTX

The load temps are what sets water cooling apart from air.
For example, change in temp for my mobile barton is about 4c, and 5c for my x800xt-pe.

by the way I'd love to see some better pics, I love the V series cases. have a v1000b myself :)

I woke upo this morning and idle temps are a little lower they are as low as 32 and go up to about 35. They sure are changing alot. like every 2 or 3 seconds it's a different temp.

and my 6800 dropped another 3 degrees resulting in a 10 degree drop on it overall.

when i changed to water, my 6800 ultra had such a rediculous temp drop. it went from 75*C idle, to 39*C idle. 36*C drop!!!

but keep in mind, if your temps are still decreasing, that the air is probably still bleeding out. Mine was 100% bleed when i turned the computer on, so just give it time and all the air will bleed out, resulting in better temps and a quieter pump. Speaking of which, what pump do ya got in there? it looks like a D4 or MCP600, but its hard to tell. Just wondering...

nice setup i really like the blue uv dye, but i have to say if ur running at stock ur not going to see that much difference the main advantage of wc'ing is u can have the cpu at high volts and still have cool temps something not possible with air.

Achilles17 said:
when i changed to water, my 6800 ultra had such a rediculous temp drop. it went from 75*C idle, to 39*C idle. 36*C drop!!!

but keep in mind, if your temps are still decreasing, that the air is probably still bleeding out. Mine was 100% bleed when i turned the computer on, so just give it time and all the air will bleed out, resulting in better temps and a quieter pump. Speaking of which, what pump do ya got in there? it looks like a D4 or MCP600, but its hard to tell. Just wondering...
mcp600!
I'm planning on Ocing my cpu for the first time. I overclocked my 6800gt to 440/1200 but my 3d05 scores came out lower a depressing 4603 before I had like 4800, I think :confused:

And are you pushing/pulling the same are inside the case or do you have the fans on the heater core pulling/pushing fresh air in/out?

sunrunner20 said:
And are you pushing/pulling the same are inside the case or do you have the fans on the heater core pulling/pushing fresh air in/out?
They are pushing and there is no plexi on the window so there is fresh air.

Jbroad572 said:
What do you mean pushed it too far?

He means, sometimes oc'ing your gpu to much will actually decrease performance. try tuning it down a few notches.

Back