• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System leak test: So far succesful at 13 hrs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Set up my watercooling last night. It is now on the 13th hour of the leak test, looking good so far.
Things I've learned:
Cutting Clearflex60 tubing is a pain in the *** without the right tools. I made several 'dirty' cuts but I dont think it will affect the integrity of the tubing, especially with the hose clamps on there.

It is helpful to have a larger flat head screwdriver for tightening the clamps. Using a micro sized one (which is all I had at the moment) doesn't work too well.

Other than that it has gone OK.
I cant wait to power on the system.
The only disapointment I've had is in the color of my water. I'm using about a 85/15 mixture of distilled water and Dex-Cool. The mixture looks nice and orange in the jug that I mixed it in. But it only has a slight orange tinge in the tubing. I wanted a bit more defined orange color to it.

Anyway, I'll get some results up when it finishes the leak test.
Wish I had a digital camera so I could post pics.

gingo said:
The only disapointment I've had is in the color of my water. I'm using about a 85/15 mixture of distilled water and Dex-Cool. The mixture looks nice and orange in the jug that I mixed it in. But it only has a slight orange tinge in the tubing. I wanted a bit more defined orange color to it.

That's because the liquid is "thicker," try putting some in a vial next time, to see something of how it will actually look.

hehe, i had my system installed and powered up approx. 2hrs after filling and bleeding ;-) it works like a dream...

What's wrong with them?

Just telling members "no" is not a very good response.

Back