• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Blue Stuff: Window Washer Fluid . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

I was woundering, I know that windshiled washer fluid isn't supposed to cool as well as antifreeze. But I was woundering if it had any antifcorrsion properties?

whoever said:
I was woundering, I know that windshiled washer fluid isn't supposed to cool as well as antifreeze. But I was woundering if it had any antifcorrsion properties?
Nope.

But would keep your hoses nice and clean. :D

is this safe to use in your system mixed with distilled water? about a 10/90%
also would this stuff actually make the water blue or very faint blue?

dj_2004 said:
is this safe to use in your system mixed with distilled water? about a 10/90%
also would this stuff actually make the water blue or very faint blue?
I don't see why it isn't safe.

And very faint blue. Ever mix it in your car? Turns out quiet lite.

I used WWF for several months. Gave up on it for straight steam distilled water.

There's absolutely no anticorrosion properties, though it did not cause corrosion in my copper/brass system.
It will kill algae and anything else.
It's too light to really add much color at 10% mix.
It is just as conductive as straight tap water (through my own humble experiments).

Never ever use it in a bong. The methanol is going to be the first thing to evaporate, so you'll get a pretty unhealthy dose of it straight away. Not Good. Don't go there. 'Nuff said.

Treat this stuff like hazardous waste, as it is. Nothing beats distilled water.

if you want blue in your WC system go to the local VW or Audi dealer. The older cars from them used blue anti-freeze it's what i'm using. if you want it bluer just add more A-F to the water. Got the look i wanted by adding just a little more A-F to a 50/50 mix.

pics!
closeup2.jpg

wholeside.jpg

coolant is more viscous, so it would cool better then it
it would work fine as long as you don't have any mix of metals like aluminum and copper. Try to stick to copper/brass.

Diggrr said:
Treat this stuff like hazardous waste, as it is. Nothing beats distilled water.
Couldn't agree more. I have seen so many people over medicate thier systems to the point of them becoming circulating toxic waste dumps full of corrosive dangerous chemicals counter productive of thier initial goal of transferring heat and perhaps a little color and anti-corrosion. My suggestion would be --This Product -- and only this after a complete flush. It is safe , inhibits corrosion and is pre-mixed with the right amounts of safe ingredients.

Back