• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AG=Racer9

Noob Water Cooling (lot of pics not 56k friendly)

This is my first watering cooling setup.After reading thru this forum and learning what I needed to do I made the order.I just wanted to tell all of you thank you for all the helpfull posts.

Also if anybody see's a problem please let me know so I can fix it.

1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

Last edited:
looking very neat my friend.

how about some temps tho, I too have 3.2E D0 @3.9 24/7 and 4.15 3D benching) and I am on water too, well your setup is much better than mine ( I am still untill today running Aquaruis III) I am waiting on my swiffy parts to get here.

anyway, post some temps, CPU and GPU.

Very nice and clean looking! Good choice on components from what I can see...
Looks nice!
Now you can update your sig ;)

Thanks guys as far as temps I am kind of screwed right now my hard drive went out tuesday I order one but they sent me a IDE instead of a Sata so I ordered it again from newegg 2 day and it did not come in.So it will be atleast monday before I have temps. :mad:

i like how u did that fan connector on window. it looks like ur getting a little kink by vid card inlet. i would replace that with a smooth copper 90, it would put less stress on tubes as well.

u beat me to wc'ing an LE. did i see u on bleedin edge forum?

Very nice layout and I'm as stingy as they come. The only possible thing I can see wrong is the tube from the video card to the northbridge. Using a swept copper 90 or a zip tie or two and you're all set.

By the way, BIX 1 or 2?

lithker said:
i like how u did that fan connector on window. it looks like ur getting a little kink by vid card inlet. i would replace that with a smooth copper 90, it would put less stress on tubes as well.

u beat me to wc'ing an LE. did i see u on bleedin edge forum?

Yes that was me at Bleedin edge Thug is the man when it comes to the 6800 LE :clap:

Yes it is a Black Ice II Xtreme Radiator - Coolmetal Blue here is a pic of it some what 12.jpg

Also here is a pic of the fans on top of the case 6.jpg

Yea I am going to get a 90 coming off the video card if you look in the pic there is 2 clamps I had one on the kink and moved it down for the pics.I just got it up and running last night and had to show it off a little ;) here is a closer look at the kink
14.jpg

socket7 said:
Why is the CPU the last block in the loop?

'Cause in a closed loop without a res there is no first and last? /sarcasim the order is pump>rad>cpu>gpu>nb... not like it makes much of a difference anyway.

Last edited:
socket7 said:
??
It isnt man, It is the first block in the loop.

pwnt by pat said:
'Cause in a closed loop without a res there is no first and last? the order is pump>rad>cpu>gpu>nb... not like it makes much of a difference anyway.
Whoa, why give the kid such lip?? I remember when you were saying things just as blatently obvious as that...for your info patty, there IS a difference, it just wont show up on the layman's garbage temp measuring equipment.
------------
What case is that, I know its an Antec/chenming but whats its designation...I am looking for a similar case.

You dont have any water in the loop in any of the pics do you, or are the tubes what is UV reactive??
Do you have a shroud on that rad? it doesnt look like it (im asking in regards to available space in that case)
Nice setup overall.

socket7 said:
It has been answered but just to make sure the CPU is the first block in the loop you are just looking at it backwards :)

What case is that, I know its an Antec/chenming but whats its designation...I am looking for a similar case.

socket7 said:
You dont have any water in the loop in any of the pics do you, or are the tubes what is UV reactive??
Do you have a shroud on that rad? it doesnt look like it (im asking in regards to available space in that case)
Nice setup overall.

Yes it is UV there is water flowing thru all the pics.
Here is the link to the case
Yes I have two Shrounds on the Rad here are some pics of it
22.jpg

23.jpg

Once again, very nice. Why do you have some string or whatever holding the rad to the fan screws? The screws should be strong enough to support the whole thing on their own.

What kind of clocks are you getting? Concider doing the madcat vtt mod?

pwnt by pat said:
Once again, very nice. Why do you have some string or whatever holding the rad to the fan screws? The screws should be strong enough to support the whole thing on their own.

What kind of clocks are you getting? Concider doing the madcat vtt mod?

The rad comes with mounting holes for the 120 fans but when you add the shrounds the holes dont line up.So what I had to was start at the front of the case with the first two mounting holes and then the second holes I had to cut the shrounds down some and change the mounting holes on the rad.By the time I got to the end of the rad I had no more room to use the screws into the rad mounting space.If you look at the this pic
22.jpg

You can see that the shround is over the necks of the rad so I supported the rad by using wire back to the top of the fan not to pretty but you will never see it without looking for it.

As far as what clocks I am able to get my hard drive crashed so it will be next week before I will be able to test any of it.If you look at the pics there are no hard drives :temper:

Back