• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my new Cyclone Fusion HL...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChuckS

TIme to play...

I'm replacing a 1U HSF that I installed on my 9800 Pro. According to ATI Tray Tools, the max overclock was 455/399.

Let's see what this baby'll do, huh?

BTW, this thing is massive. Hope my card will hold up.

I just placed an order for two (one for my snvpa) for our 6800LE's.
Ordered from www.frozenmods.com was a little more expensive than criticool but it's direct from factory and they charge a reasonable amount of shipping (criticool = $15 for usa). Can't wait :)
Their customer service has been good so far, got a 1/2 hour reply on saturday afternoon :)

I wish someone would do a comparison with the MCW50 and the Silverprop Fusion HL. I suppose if I ordered one I could send 'em to pHaestus for testing, but then that would defeat the purpose of having it reviewed. Is it worth the upgrade from an MCW50? Is it even an upgrade? I guess it might be worth it just to get rid of the aluminum on the MCW50.

All accounts ive heard put both blocks at even standing, from user who switched and compared max stable oc's on their cards. The sense I got was that while they perform similarly, what you pay for with the silverprop is the preservation of an all-copper loop. If I were in the position for GPU Wcing, the HL would be my choice.

Sorry to be so long in replying. Too much family and work things going on so I haven't had time to install it yet.

Got it from Criticool. Don't have the info in front of me, but I think it was like $60 with S&H.

One thing I'll be most interested in is if this beats my 1U HSF mod. If nothing else, it'll be quieter...:)

Last edited:
Whats better a silverprop HL or a dangerden gpu block (the one that comes in different colors). Is the difference worth switching for?

Probably not if you have the dd already and have a good amount of corrosion inhibitor in your loop. It only really makes sense if you are constructing a new loop and are willing to pay 20-30 more to maintain an all-copper loop.

Back