• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I'm sorry but I gotta ask this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

I know you guys are tired of me making posts about all this but I'm nearly done. I've tried asking in a few other places but havent gotten any responses. I just have a few more questions and I wont bug anyone ...

I'm planning on getting the Iwaki MD-20RZ found here:

http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/brandsubcategory.asp?brandID=IK&subcatID=wp-aq

It doesnt come threaded... so I need to know what types of adapters I need to buy to fit the regular 1/2" tubing on it...

Do I need one of these 3/4" MNPT x 1/2" FNPT Nylon Reducer Bushings ??

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=6914&product_id=14439

and then what? Something like this:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...=USPlastic&category_name=6914&product_id=8064

or one of the Tube to Pipe adapters here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

I'm sorry to sound like a total noob but this is just one of those simple things I havent figured out but I gotta know so I can use this dang pump :)

Please someone explain it to me in simple english so my dumb *** can understand it :) ... I have very little common sense. :(

If you get the 20Z with the barbed fittings (non threaded) you can easily fit the 1/2" ID tubing over the barbs. I've done it may times. My RD-30 has larger barbs and I can get the tubing over it.

and for the record some of us like to help...i do whenever i can, its good for everyone :)

so are you saying I can just buy the MD-20RZ as is and not put any other connectors on it and the 1/2" tubing will work?

Ub3r-L33ch said:
so are you saying I can just buy the MD-20RZ as is and not put any other connectors on it and the 1/2" tubing will work?
/me rereads what me wrote, umm yeah, that is what I am saying.

Ok I ordered the MD-20RZ. We'll see if my noob *** can get it to work correctly :p

Yeah I sure hope I dont do that lol... I dunno though with me its all about bad luck and very little common sense... I'm smart, but I lack just about everything else.

Senater_Cache said:
...just dun plug it in. Or do your hands go on uncontrolled common-senseless rampages.?

Yes I think that has happened once or twice... lol

No I should be ok... its just that trying to learn as much about watercooling as possible over the passed few days has fried my brain... having a hard time understanding simple things. I really dont have much common sense in the first place though.

I just want to have a good performing setup when its done... I hate for it to be ghetto rigged or something and I would hate to have something that performs sub par. I have O.C.D. , if that helps explain anything.

Wow, thats a pretty bad case. Mine is limited to washing my hands like 3 times (would do it more but im extreemly impatichent). Must have a few otherthings but just the hands come to mind, my mom says I would stir a glass of ice water 7 times but its closer to 11 and it to make sure the water is cold. :rolleyes:

Totally off topic but its sorta funny might give everyone a laugh at my expense :)

Well I have too many little quirks to mention but to name just a few numbers bug me... say for instance... that I scored 11998 on 3DMark01 ... that would just bug the hell out of me til I could get a better number... I would almost prefer something like 11900 instead of 11998.

I know alot of people might be like that so I'll give another example....ok my stereo receiver shows volume in digital numbers starting from 60 and counting backwards the higher up it goes (dont ask me why) ... anyways... most people would turn up the volume til they reach the desired level... well I cant have it at 47 or 43 or 39 ... I like nice even numbers... doesnt always have to be even but alot of them bug me... I have to put it at 38 or 34 or 40 or 50... you get the idea.

Just about anything that has to do with numbers that I have some sort of control over can and usually will bug me if its not the way I like it.

Umm... what else... I have to have things setup symmetrically (I think thats the right term) ... like my stereo speakers or my computer speakers have to be exactly the same distance apart from the TV or the Monitor and have to be facing me at the same angle...have to be the same height etc.... if not it bugs me.

When I mow the lawn everything has to be cut perfectly... I cant leave one little sliver of grass higher in one spot than another... I have to cut out in squares or rectangles I cant do crazy **** like cut out in circles or go way over here cut a little bit and then go way over here and cut a little bit... gotta do it all at one spot first and make it look pretty... lol

One other example... when I wash the dishes... I do all the glasses first, then all the plates, then bowls, then silverware... when I stack everything on the counter its sorted by glass sizes and colors matched up if possible... glass plates stacked together then plastic plates stacked together... etc.

On another note I dont have the problem of having to wash my hands all the time. There are times where I can ignore my O.C.D. ... its not like I'd freak out in public over anything, or spazz out around someone and start foaming at the mouth or go into a frenzy if something isnt right... it just bugs me and if I can do something about it I usually have to fix it :)

Sorry so long, hope you enjoyed the read :)

Ub3r-L33ch said:
One other example... when I wash the dishes... I do all the glasses first, then all the plates, then bowls, then silverware... when I stack everything on the counter its sorted by glass sizes and colors matched up if possible... glass plates stacked together then plastic plates stacked together... etc.

Do you watch the TV show "Monk" on USA? Its about a detective who has OCD, its really great. At any rate, that sounds exactly like something he would do. Not making fun of you or anything, its just so simillar. If you watch the show you understand.

At anyrate...I can see you tinkering endlessly with your water cooling. Not that thats a bad thing or anything, about 75% of us here do that in some way, but for you...its inevitable ;)

Oh, and dont worry about making topics, even if theres a lot of them. People only get annoyed when theres lots of topics that are obviously answered in the stickies, or things like "Ok, tell me what setup to buy, I know nothing about water cooling but I want it!". Anything else is totally cool, so dont fret it :)

Ok so back on the subject of this post I have another question.

What would be the difference in the MD-20RZ and the MD-20RZT. I was under the impression everything is the exact same except that the RZT is threaded with 3/4" barbs I'm guessing? Are those barbs removable though? ... which would mean that even though the RZT comes threaded they are still the exact same? Can you then add the same barbs to the RZ and make it the same as the RZT ... or are the inlets/outlets totally different?

Back