• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla Thunderbird - Syncing to mobile?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I'm tempted to try Thunderbird but I would need it sync with my mobile device. I have an Motorola MPx200 (Windows Smartphone OS) that syncs through MS Activesync.

Any ideas?

--Illah

After looking around a bit it seems that Thunderbird has no Activesync support or extensions. I doubt such a major feature would be added before Thunderbird 1.0 which should be out soon.

I could not find a bug for this so filing one would be the first step to take. If you do file one, link it up here and I'll drop a vote for you :)

Although, this may be a more difficult proposition than one might imagine. I don't know of any 3rd party email client that boast this feature. Activesync is probably closed spec and would need to be reverse engineered to get implement. If you did business like MS does would you want people to be able to use their Pocket PCs with other mail clients? :-/

Back