• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive had it with Windows!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Alright, Ive had it with the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System. First off, its really unstable (Im not a stupid nOOb and I actually know what Im doing) I run constant bot checks, Anti Virus and etc. But, when I was taking out my 80Gb Hitachi, Windows comes up with an error when I go to log on, it displays "Your Hardware Configuration has changed Significantly since you first registered, you need to re-activate Windows in 3 Days". I mean, wtf is this? I changed out my motherboard, videocard, and ram and it never gave me this error. When I unplug my HDD, it gives me this error. Have any of you guys have had this error? I think Microsoft is just being a jerk let alone just trying to **** me off.

That is a normal thing with the XP registeration process. . . just give them a call and they will reactivate your product. . its no big deal

Z

yeah, I've had to do stuff like that countless times. It's really weird what will set that hardware message sometimes. Good luck with the outsourced Indian MS employees.

I have XP on one system of mine and never had any re-activatiion messages. much of that system has been changed constantly! including addition of several hard drives, changeouts of 2 CD's, new motherboards, video cards, and changes in RAM.

But still, I have to agree that XP Seems to be full of problems, there have been times that equipment added will refuse to work at all, but if moved to different slots, or if system is restarted several times, it will mysteriously start working again.

Back