• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2500+ Comparisons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerofiend

Anyone run a WC system on an AMD 2500+ Barton that would be able to give me some ideas on what my temps should be? I am new to WC and just installed my first WC system and would like to know if im getting the right results.

Here are my Stats....

AMD 2500+ Barton
Gigabyte K7 Triton MB
1/2 Clearflex Tubing
Black Ice Pro Radiator
Typhoon quad resevoir
Hydor L25 Pump
Zerex Coolant
Danger Den Maze 4 Block

Normal temps on stock fan/heatsink are 54-58 C after 3 days uptime.

With WC im getting 48-56 C afer 3 days uptime.

Are these temps about right? And if so how can i improve them? I was kinda under the assumption that this WC system would have dropped my temps a little more significantly than a few degrees. I am wanting to OC my CPU a little bit but at these temps its not gonna get to be much.

Im just wanting to know if anyone could give me some ideas on if these temps are right or if i didnt get something right and they should be lower.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Seems a little high for stock speeds. But we really need to know your ambient temp to be sure. For example if your room temp was 35C those would be great temps! However it is probably not, so tell us what it is :)
Also are you sure you have blead all the air pockets/bubbles out of your system?

i had the very same watercooling system you have when i first got my 2500+, you should be getting MUCH better temps. the highest i saw was 52c and that was heavily OCed. re-check your block mounting, make sure you have a good fan on the radiator, make sure the water is flowing well, make sure you didnt use too much thermal paste, make sure you screwed the block down tightly.

With the same system that you're running, I'm getting about 35-37C in a comfortably warm room... If your case is on your desk, consider moving it to the floor for slightly better temps. Also, check the internal air flow and how hot the air through the radiator is...

Back