• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU block on 6800 Ultra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

ok, so Im getting a 6800 Ultra, and I have a Maze4 GPU block on my 5900XT now, my question is, does this block fit on the 6800 card?
does it need some modifications to work correctly?
I dont want to spend $125 on a new block, and I have to watercool my vid card.

I searched for some answers and didnt find anything.
if you know if its possible, and got pictures or something, please show me!!

Thanks for the help.

I emailed Danger Den and they said it didn't fit but they were working on an adaptor that would be out in a couple of months or so.

I have heard of people getting it to fit on certain boards thou. I guess some ULTRA boards actualy have two sets of holes and one set fits the Danger Den.

The AMD maze4 cpu does. I was planning on getting a 6800gt,now it looks like i dont have to spend 80 on the NV-68

yeah it doesnt require too much modding to get it to work i dont think. Also, the DD NV68 is way too expensive and not that good. I got a Silverprop Fusion HL, and it works great. Best waterblock out for gpu's now IMO, and its only like $50 at criticool.

Thanks for the suggestion and heads up.. I dont want to spend money if I dont have too.
Ill check out the vid card and block, and see what i can come up with.

All you need to buy are some tiny mounting bolts, ones that will fit the small holes on the 6800, im ganna mount my maze 3 AMD block on the GT but i cant find bolts that are long enough that are thin also.

Thier blocks cheaper then $50 http://www.svc.com/03-l-7620-40.html, this block is only $19 but you have to put it together youreself.

Last edited:
well if the holes line up with the block, like in the stock mounting holes, Ill figure something out.
I looked at the block, its interested but I dont know about those connectors. my tubing is 1/2" ID that looks like 1/2" OD

Yeah the 6800 uses tiny holes. I went to my local hobby shop and bought some #2-56 screws. You can also get them at everyone's favorite hardware store, www.mcmaster.com. The hobby store only had 1in long fittings and I would have used 1 3/4 so I could spring mount my block if I could have.

IIRC 2.5mm would actualy work a little better as it's slightly thicker but the hobby store didn't have anything longer than about 3/4in in that size. Don't quote me on that thou because my memory isn't what it used to be!

Back