• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy some good 1/2" tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

I plan on using the Clearflex60 I suppose. If there is something out there that is more flexible and just as sturdy let me know. Also where's the cheapest place to buy the stuff?

Going to a Home Depot or some other large home improvement store isnt possible... I live pretty much in the boonies and those stores are about an hour away if not more, wouldnt be worth using the gas just to spend 40 cents less or w/e... there's a couple automotive stores in town but I doubt they carry any... there's a plumbing place I could check out... kinda just wanting some online store suggestions and whats the most flexible yet sturdy stuff I can get?

dangerden.com does 10ft+ of clearflex60 1/2" id for $1/ft

I'd recommend getting the 7/16" ID masterkleer from mcmaster.com it's less than 40 cents per foot, their shipping is cheap and fast, but you have to order 25 ft. Great stuff though, can do 3" circles without kinking :)

i was just about to say Home Depot ;-)
I got some ClearFlex tubing from dangerden but it is not as flexible as I hoped, Tygon is a good choice probably but pricey. Good luck!

Mcmaster is the cheapest place to get clearflex I believe. In fact, I ordered some last Thursday around 4PM and it was on my doorstep Friday at 3PM. :santa: Just enter part # 5231K237. It's 65 cents per foot, but the least amount you can get is 10 feet. It's gonna cost about $10 with shipping.

I am also trusting McMaster to get my my 1/2" ClearFlex60. Or atleast I was now im considering haveing that 7/16" tubeing.....

Ok thanks for all the posts and info guys, I keep learning more everyday :) All this ID this and OD this and 1/2" 3/4" 3/8" 7/16" ID OD ID OD lol is confusing me.

So I can use the 7/16" tubing in place of using 1/2" tubing without making any changes right? I guess what I'm saying is this stuff will fit over 1/2" barbs?

Looks like I'll be ordering from mcmaster.com - what clamps do I need to buy?

Ub3r-L33ch said:
So I can use the 7/16" tubing in place of using 1/2" tubing without making any changes right? I guess what I'm saying is this stuff will fit over 1/2" barbs?

Yup the 7/16 fits right over the 1/2 barbs, bends better and according to Cathar (who doesn't trust this guy?) 7/16 works better than 1/2in in most "normal" applications.

Glad I found this thread before I ordered tubing! About to order some mcmaster tubing, but looking at the specs on the page something doesn't make sense:

5233K44 (as mentioned about)
7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, wall thickness 3/32" = Bending Radius of 1-3/4"

5233K68
1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, wall thickness 1/8" = Bending Radius of 1-3/4"

They have the same bending radius? That doesn't make sense for a larger ID hose and a thicker sidewall (5233K68).

Perhaps the bending radius is measured on the most inner point of siding of the tubing? So a thicker sidewall and a larger ID would actually make a larger circle measured on the outter point of the tubing (if you made a circle). Ok, that makes more sense.

But technically, barb-to-bard, we're only talking 1/32 + 1/32 (1/16" total for ID locations after 1 sidewall) difference right? If that's the case, I don't see why not to go ahead and get the 1/2" ID tubing above I mentioned.

Ps, side note that makes even less sense:

5233K68 (like ones sold at FrozenCPU, DangerDen, etc)
1/2" ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" wall thickness = bending radius of 2-7/8"

That's the largest radius of them all, and that's the thinnest sidewall of them all.

I've had 1/2" ID tygon and clearflex. I just got 50ft of 7/16" masterkleer. The 7/16" blows the 1/2" out of the water (yes, tygon included). It's much smaller, and the radius is much smaller. Makes running three waterblocks easy, where it's very hard with 1/2".

NiTrO bOiE said:
Mcmaster is the cheapest place to get clearflex I believe. In fact, I ordered some last Thursday around 4PM and it was on my doorstep Friday at 3PM. :santa: Just enter part # . It's 65 cents per foot, but the least amount you can get is 10 feet. It's gonna cost about $10 with shipping.

well the description of this product does not mention anything about clearflex.....
quote from mcmaster.com

"
• Temperature Range: -25° to +160° F
• Color: Clear
• Durometer, Shore A: 60
• Tensile Strength: 1650 psi
• Elongation: 450% • Sterilization: Steam (autoclave),
gas and chemical
• Materials Meet: FDA (food
and beverage), USDA
(meat and poultry)
• Fittings: Barbed
"

where does it say it's clearflex?

oswald said:
well the description of this product does not mention anything about clearflex.....
quote from mcmaster.com

"
• Temperature Range: -25° to +160° F
• Color: Clear
• Durometer, Shore A: 60
• Tensile Strength: 1650 psi
• Elongation: 450% • Sterilization: Steam (autoclave),
gas and chemical
• Materials Meet: FDA (food
and beverage), USDA
(meat and poultry)
• Fittings: Barbed
"

where does it say it's clearflex?

Please don't second guess me. Clearflex is clearly stamped in blue on the hose. I have no reason to lie about the hose. There are plenty of people here that have ordered from mcmaster. :rolleyes:

BTW: over half of the products on mcmaster don't have the brand listed...

Back