• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1A-Cooling new block HV4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiber9

Registered
Well, since JoeC, made a seires of reviews on the 1A-Cooling material with good results, you might aswell consider their new block.
Here are some pictures taken from a french site.
hv4full.gif

hv41.jpg

What do you think?

that looks really restrictive

As far as I understand it the water enters one of the three chamber towards th eedge and is forced throug hthe microchannels and into the other chamber.
what is with the concave design of the microfins? perhaps ability for water in the fin chaber to "switch lanes" ??

someone please analyse .....

nevermind mt previous assumption....
I fauled to notice that the inlet (if the two pics are in the same orientation) has a second hole leading to the other chamber.
so its
inlet>chamber A,B>fin-chamber> outlet.

This makes more sense of the concave fin design.
The two water masses are clashed against one another in the fin chamber and bellow upwards into the are created by the concave fins...correct?

strange design.

Actualy if you look at the 1st pic of the block it is just the opposite. Water enters in the center and outlets through the outer channels.

you can see in the second pics that that hole doesnt go through. i think its for instalation purposes.

Ancient_1 said:
Actualy if you look at the 1st pic of the block it is just the opposite. Water enters in the center and outlets through the outer channels.
then why is there no inlet whole in the top part of the block in the second picture?

Well, it could be as Ancient said, because they've made a previous block (SL-2) released some weeks ago, that had that same route.
sl22.jpg

Another thing is that the base isn't entirely out of copper, but instead only the middle, the rest is in brass(?)
One great advantage, compared with other blocks of this type, is that you can disassemble and clean it.

Ancient_1 said:
If you look an little closer at the first pic....youll notice in and out printed on the actual block (in writing !!) lol
:beer:

Well, it could be as Ancient said, because they've made a previous block (SL-2) released some weeks ago, that had that same route.
Another thing is that the base isn't entirely out of copper, but instead only the middle, the rest is in brass(?)
One great advantage, compared with other blocks of this type, is that you can disassemble and clean it.

arggh
People look at th eblock before psoting such nonesense.
Ancient1 you are COMPLETLY WRONG. The center dimple is for attaching the pressure peg of the mounting harness.
the base is not entirely of copper. you are right.
However , that baseplate can not be disassembled.

Water has to enter through the in on the block but it has to be channeled into the cebter for the outer ones to be the exit. The in side has to have a hole for the water to enter the center chanel that isnt seen because of the angle the pic is taken, there is no other place for water to enter the finned area.

This area shows the out with the side chanels.
hv4.jpg

And on this end it looks like it has holes big enough for screws to hold the three pieces together which would allow a person to take it apart to clean.
hv41.jpg

But niether things are for sure from just these pics, just a guess on my part.

Looks good, but I'll hold off buying one until it beats the Storm block. The NexXos XP came close, but the head loss is too much and would be detrimental to the rest of the system.

I think Senater misinterpreted what was said, but regardless, the top/bottom plates can be seperated, not the three pieces of the baseplate. Its obvious the baseplate parts are fused in some way (solder?).

What I'm curious about is how they got the fins between the three channels w/o cutting the top part of the copper between them...are those more soldered on pieces? Weird design IMO...

Back