• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling for OC as far as I can take it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wyattcoop

I have about $200.00 to spend on water cooling my cpu only, any and all advice minus the heater cores from old cars (no offense to those who prefer this method), I would prefer a kit as this is my first time or per component from different e-tailers that someone has had good results from. I will be building a new system, main components are as follows.
1. 875P-T DFI
2. LGA 775 3.0
other than a new video card and memory all other components in my sig. will be the same. I have looked at DD type kits for around $240.00, Asetek kits and the TT Big Water all of these seem to have their pros and cons.

honestly, dont get a kit. your just gonna get too little preformance for too much money. its really not that hard to build yourself, the kit just gives you everything in a box, im pretty sure you still have to assemble it. Also, what do you have against car radiators? dangerden and dtek sell premodded ones that are great, less money for better preformance.

I was a little concerned like you about the heatercore and making everything look OK and function together. but it is really simple, 77 Bvill heater core W/ac(just cut it off where it bends smooth off the ends and paint) some tubing 1/2 ID(home depot or lowe's), waterblock of your choice(I used swiftech 6002(1/2 od so they fit 1/2 id tubing) and Swiftech mcp650 pump(I chose this because it has a molex connector so when you turn you rig on your pump comes on as well, you could spend less and configure it yourself, but why?). and a few hose clamps, a tee and a cap. and two 120 fans of your choice. I had tt 120 and uprgraded to sanyo 120. they are louder, but they cool more. tt 34 sanyo 31. idle temps. temps never get above 42. It really is simple read the stickies and take in some info and make your decision. My WC setup cost $157 and some time. but I like to tinker, I assume you do to or you wouldn't be here. The choice is yours but save the extra money and use it for something else.

I will check out the DD premodded radiators, this is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for.

Back