• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bittorrent question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

can someone tell me why some of the torrents i get, even though they have 1000 seeders and 2000 downloaders, never connect in azureus?

some work fine and then some just refuse to ever download...

Is it just me or was there already a thread alot like this one recently.

Reconfigure your firewall. Its blocking ports used by BT.

yeah, it disappeared...?

i am on a wireless network (linksys g router) ... what will i have to do to stop it from blocking bittorrent's port?

shrinkydinx said:
yeah, it disappeared...?

i am on a wireless network (linksys g router) ... what will i have to do to stop it from blocking bittorrent's port?
OK, thats what I thought.

I dissapeared for a reason. Tread carefully on the legality issue.

Gnerma said:
There is nothing illegal about BitTorrent :p
Until you use it for illegal things, and mention about said things. Which may have been discussed in a thread reminisant to this one, that got nuked.

9mmCensor said:
Until you use it for illegal things, and mention about said things. Which may have been discussed in a thread reminisant to this one, that got nuked.
I know what you are saying. But don't let things like that keep you from discussing it. Depending on how things happen BitTorrent and related technology could be the saviors of the independent internet.

Gnerma said:
I know what you are saying. But don't let things like that keep you from discussing it. Depending on how things happen BitTorrent and related technology could be the saviors of the independent internet.
thats why I'm saying tread carefully. because on this forum if you mention certain things the thread dies. I would rather have this discusion omit legality issues and live.

end of thread jack

shrinkydinx said:
can someone tell me why some of the torrents i get, even though they have 1000 seeders and 2000 downloaders, never connect in azureus?

some work fine and then some just refuse to ever download...

There are Torrents that are locked to "Member's Only" so you may not have access to them. It could also be that its taking extremely long to connect with the seeds. Sadly BT isnt perfect & somethings are bound to go wrong with it.

well im pretty sure its the wireless router..... but i dont kno the login info for it

i know how to log into a router, i dont know the login info. the guys whos it is doesnt know what he changed it to.

screwed.jpg

screwedbug.jpg

screwedcorkscrew.jpg

screwedinhead.gif

screwedscrewdriver.jpg

Try resetting the router, there should be a reset button on the back somewhere. Not sure if this will work or not though.

shrinkydinx said:
i know how to log into a router, i dont know the login info. the guys whos it is doesnt know what he changed it to.
your should be able to find the default login and password on the 'net

do some google searching with the routers modle number and manufacture. ;)

Back