• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interested in noise...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bugsmasher

It looks like my next upgrade will probably be a change in my pump.

I am somewhat concerned with noise although it isnt the overwhelming main concern- performance is.

The pumps I am looking into are the (2)MCW650s, Iwaki MD20RZT, and the Panworld 40PX.

The Iwaki is the most expensive but also has an impressive head as many in these forums have pointed out.
Panworld PX40 - 45w 13.5head 480gph - $109
Iwaki MD20RZT - 50W 22.6head 180gph - $179
MCW650 - 24w 10.5'head 180gph - $75

Now my question regarding the pumps is about noise. It would appear due to head and flow rate the PanWorld 40PX outperforms the MCW650 while the Iwaki will come out in the lead for performance. I would consider using 2 - MCW650s but once again it comes down to noise...doubled.

The PanWorld is basically a match for the Iwaki MD20RLT. The reason I am thinking of this one despite having less head than the MD20RZT is that it outperforms the MCW650 by quite a bit in both head and flow ratings.

Has anyone used more than one of these pumps? If so how did they sound and perform? My final cooling loop will be a double HC, CPU block, GPU block, Res so I think any of these pumps should work well. I am concerned with quiet vs performance and trying to determine how much of a tradeoff there will be.

From what I have read the MCW650 is indeed the most quiet pump...as well as having the least performance. The PanWorld for only a little more trumps it in terms of flow and head. The Iwaki having the best head and equalling the MCW650 in flow.

The thing I havent seen is anyone referring to just how noisy the PanWorld or its nearest Iwaki companion the MD20RLT is by comparision to each other or the 650. I know the MCW650 is quiet..and also it generates the least flow of the 3 pumps. In terms of head and flow it rates last.

My question is for people who have used these pumps. I would like to hear from someone that has used both an MCW650 and either the Iwaki or PanWorld.

Bugsmasher said:
From what I have read the MCW650 is indeed the most quiet pump...as well as having the least performance.

Read my link again, it is not the most quiet and it performs very well, read all of it.

I'd get a MCP600 if you want quiet and good performance. Or Aquaxtreme 50z as it is sold as now.

Back