• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC power from PSU without cutting wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxipoo

anyway to get power to a Eheim pump from either AC outlet or the PSU without cutting the case to extend the cord out or cutting the cord to connect it to a PCI slot relay?

I was on the sidewindercomputers website and it looks like the Criticool Powerplant II need the cord of the pump cut and the Swiftech one is just something for pumps that has molex connector or it only turns the pump on with the PC but provides . I couldn't find much info on it, any info would be nice, TIA.

SwampThing said:
Cut up an extension cord.

that was like a slap to the face, you are a genius and i'm a moron.

:beer:

so simple, god i feel dumb. especially how i spent 30 mins thinking about it.

If you have electrical tape (50 cents at any hardware store) and a pair of scissors, you can safely and without incident 100% of the time cut your pump cord. It took me a minute and a half. Just make sure you cover exposed copper wire completely with a healthy wrapping of tape, no need to add to the jumble of cords behind the cope with an extension cord.

jackrungh said:
If you have electrical tape (50 cents at any hardware store) and a pair of scissors, you can safely and without incident 100% of the time cut your pump cord. It took me a minute and a half. Just make sure you cover exposed copper wire completely with a healthy wrapping of tape, no need to add to the jumble of cords behind the cope with an extension cord.

goodbye, pump warranty

jackrungh said:

I still want my warranty :p

Thats what I did as well

sunrunner20 said:
Im looking at a relay+small single socket UL certified box along w/ a socket to go inside it :D

Used a Carlon 4 x 4 pvc box, and put a relay in it and also, after the pic added a single pole double throw toggle switch so I can switch the pump on with the rig off if need be. Pics are not real clear but here it is......

electric.jpg

back.jpg

Back