• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My temps seem low are they true

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clockless

OK my board and what are in the sig but my temps are great I get 25c idle and 33c load with a 65" mustang heater core via aqua, maze 4 cpu block So can these temps be true
my processor is a: northwood 9stepping and revision d1

not many temp readings are true. p4s report a temp the is relatively far away from the hot spot on the processor. motherboards mess this result up even more by trying to "fix" it. dont think of it as a temp, think of it as a reference. if your OC is stable, and you're comfortable, then its good. when you see it start to go up, you should try to figure out why.

for example:
the asus board in my sig reports temps 25c - 31c
the gigabyte motherboard reports temps 42c - 47c
all for the same prcessor, some clock, smae cooling, relatively same ambient, multiple remounts/ swaps.

i know what a good "temp" is for each mobo, and i know when i have to reset a block, or clean out my radiator.

edit: AMD processors have a much better reputation for reporting acurate temps, just so i dont ruffle any feathers

Back