• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of a chieftec dragon(or similar) with a dual heatercore please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

Hello, im thinkin about a new watercooling project and was trying to get an idea about were to put a dual heatercore in a CHieftec dragon. Would there be an easy place to put one and still have room for 1-2 cdroms, 2-3 HDDS and maby a floppy?Thanks for ideas/pics.

I placed mine at the top. I had enough room for 2 5.25" Drives, and all the 3.5" ones were free. I didn't like it since I couldn't fit a shroud on it, and the performance wasn't very good. I moved it down to the front of the case but that resulted in the removal of all the 3.5" drives. Quite frankly, I hate it. I think that the dragon is too small for a dual heatercore.

I plan to upgrade my case to a Lian Li V1200B soon. I really don't feel like cutting it to make room for my rad, so I've decided to go with one that can only fit a 120mm instead of two.

Im going to have a 2-302 (2x120mm heatercore) in my Antec PLUS1080AMG Cutting a hole in the top of the case so I only lose 1 or 2 (maby 0) of my 5.5" bays. I can show small CADish drawings but thats it atm.

Attachments

• my case.jpg
    my case.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 537
  • Picture_049.jpg
    Picture_049.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 265
  • top1.JPG
    top1.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 566
DSC00261.jpg

that's my case, Pre-Phase Change

OcLinNoob said:
a_t_9 your setup looks beautifull
heh, it's even better now...
This is a more recent shot, but the prometia sidepanel is now on and im getting some rounded cables soon
attachment.php

you can see where my avatar comes from in there

That picture looks to have a '77 B'ville Heater core in the case (I prefer to call it the 2-302 heater core becuase that is its core #) And you can get it for <$30 and mod it correctly for less than the one on the linked page if you already have a torch and some solder. And that seems to be a simular to the 2-302.

I would say Giblet is easily the most visually appealing WC rig on the forums.

Youve already gotten massive praise, but very quality job. :D :thup:

I was kind of thinking about putting it on the top but that seems to make it too cramped looking. Im now seriously thinking about doing something similar to Giblets. Very good job Giblet and thanks for the ideas, i like how you made the window too.

Here are 2 pics of mine. Going to bend a metal cover for the radiator at some point, should make it look quite spiffy.

Attachments

• Computer1.jpg
    Computer1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Computer2.jpg
    Computer2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 256
Back