• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't access the net and NIS shutsdown...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevieb92

Registered
Hi, I am having a problem on my fiance's computer where after boot I get an error message that states "Common Client User Session Error" Blah blah blah needs to close. The computer is Windows XP Pro SP2, with Norton Internet Security 2004. Then I roll my mouse over the NIS and Norton Anti-virus icons in the tray and they disappear. I cannot access the net. I have searched for hours on the net for solutions and have read things from uninstall NIS and reinstall. Tried that, and it did not fix the problem. I also read to reformat and start over, but have read where it did not fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution that WILL work for this situation? She is getting real pissy with me... if you know what I mean and I need a solution or point me in the right direction. Tried searching on here but came up short. Please help a man in need!!!

Thanks

uninstall the NIS since the Windows firewall is probably on. Personally i prefer the windows firewall. keeps your pc nice and clean.

Also try to download Spysweeper or Spybot and run that. sometimes spyware disable your firewalls and internet connections as well.

loks said:
uninstall the NIS since the Windows firewall is probably on. Personally i prefer the windows firewall. keeps your pc nice and clean.

I have uninstalled NIS and still cannont acces the net. Ip settings are correct and the system recognizes the home network. Windows firewall was never on, disabled again when SP2 was installed. Tried connecting directly to the modem with no net access. THe system takes longer than normal to boot up when it gets to the windows XP screen.

loks said:
Also try to download Spysweeper or Spybot and run that. sometimes spyware disable your firewalls and internet connections as well.

Tried to install spybot, but an error would not let the install continue. The install process said the file "UnzDll.dll" was corrupt so the install was aborted. I am running Adaware right now as I sit here on my pc.

Back