• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

I haven't heard of this problem before and I can't find anything on it in here. The problem: My fiance just got a new laptop and it has a mousepad on it (duh) but whenever she's typing she'll all of a sudden be typing where the cursor is. I'm thinking this is a problem within the OS or some software. She's all updated from windows update so I've ruled out it being a driver for the mouse pad. She has a Compaq 3000 series, if that helps.

Is it possible that, while she is typing, she accidentally taps the touchpad?
Happens to me all the time... it's a horrible place to put a touchpad.

In the touchpad setup, you can turn off touch-clicking (where you tap the touchpad to click).. try disabling that and see if it still happens.

su root said:
Is it possible that, while she is typing, she accidentally taps the touchpad?
Happens to me all the time... it's a horrible place to put a touchpad.

In the touchpad setup, you can turn off touch-clicking (where you tap the touchpad to click).. try disabling that and see if it still happens.

Thanks for the help Su root, I'm hoping this fixes it.

She can't find where her settings are for her laptop and I can't seem to find them on mine. I guess it's been awhile since accessing them. Do you know where they are?

She says she looked in her mouse settings and didn't find anything. I haven't heard from her today so I'm not sure if she's been able to fix it or not. I'll tell her to look again.

Back