• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silence an Swiftech MCP650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silmatharien

Has anyone been able to successfully silence one of these pumps? They have this awful high pitched wine. How did you do it and how did you find it affected the temps of your water cooling?

Well I dont have one so I dont know if this will work but shouldnt some of that sound dampening mat stuff work? Or even like an old cloth mouse pad? Thats just what I have read in other posts, but again im not 100% sure.

The pump comes with a sticky pad to put it on. It's not the vibration but the mega whine it emits that is the noise issue.

#1. it in some foam. Build a foam box around it by gluing some foam pieces together. The heat should not be an issue as the water does most of the cooling (the increase would be marginal) and it should muffle the whine coming from it.

#2. Turn your sound up :p

I have a 650 and there really is not that much noise coming from it. If I turn off the TV and everything I can bairly hear that high pitched whine. It is sitting it my case with the side on. Just FYI

themodguy said:
I have a 650 and there really is not that much noise coming from it. If I turn off the TV and everything I can bairly hear that high pitched whine. It is sitting it my case with the side on. Just FYI

Maybe your pump is quieter than mine because I can hear mine pretty clearly.

I'd have to agree that they are some what audible. Yet with my ceiling fan goin and the pc on the other side of my room i think its the glowing UV thats more of a pain more than anything lol.

Back