• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home Depot Special -28.8 warned-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

Pics first!
moneyshot.JPG

closed.JPG

fans.JPG

open.JPG

relay.JPG

back.JPG

windowview.JPG

Phew. Now the equipment.
-two dual heatercores
-two 172mm rotron fans (powered by meanwell 320-24 @ 17v atm)
-mag3
-maze4gpu
-cascade
-colder? quick-disconnects (not loss-less by the way)
-GM100 relay (thanks again)

Materials (hence the Home Depot shout out):
-1/2" mdf
-hinges, latches, glues, screws, paint, tools

I'm using 1/2" clearflex in the box and 7/16" masterkleer in the case. This is a very rough setup. If you look the pump is resting on the meanwell psu because I haven't set up the two meanwells in the drive cages yet (pelts coming soon). I'm using neoprene to stop air intake around the lid (doesn't matter much by the way.) My cuts and measurements were so bad that it doesn't close evenly (if you can't tell.) It also looks like straight poo. I don't care though, I want the case to look good not the box. I'm sure I'll make it much better looking in the future.

Temps? Very good. Have a lot more work to do though. Also very quiet. Going to be giving the patriots less juice later though.

Edit: in the future the quick disconnects are going in the box.
and because I know someone always asks, the loop goes pump > black heatercore > unpainted heatercore > cascade > maze4 > t-line

thats awesome, you should hook it up in your car and also cool the car with it.lol i have had to cool my car with the heater itself and was doing ok with it as long as i didnt sit still for too long. my water pump went out lol

Looks nice. Could use some fiberglass,covering,or a good sand/prime/paint job though. Then youd really be rockin. Oh yea and one more thing lose the keystone ;). Budlight all the way keystone is good for bongin though :attn:.

Last edited:
In that case. Lets compare towers ;). Once again gj on the box. We also had two cases of heineken that wouldnt fit.

iao.jpg

Hope im not gettin your thread too off topic but it was from iao (paintball tournament). Still another 1.5yrs till college. All in all we spent about 4-500 I think.

Ah I miss paintball :( Never drank and played though, how is that?

I want to bondo, sand, and paint it eventually. However since the cuts were so bad it's like polishing a turd :p

Bondo...fun. I just got done building a shroud with it and I didnt think id ever get done sanding. As for the drinking it wasnt too bad. Afterall...If we wernt at the field we were drinking :beer:.

crimedog, to be honest with you, that external box ruined the beauty of your case period.

Why dont you look at some alu material? And paint them black.

Anyway you've got some serious watercooling setup. :) I'm sure its seriously noisy too

wow

way to pay a complement

i admit its a bit rough but some times the diy factor makes you prouder

better than anything i could have built

Crimedog,,,Put some grills over those fans,The last thing ya wan is to lose an eye cause ya droped something in them as there running lol...

That looks like a nice setup except for the looks of cource. You are not doing it justice. I think home depo will cut your stuff for you if you dont have the tools to do it right. It would be a lot easer than bondo. mdf is actually a good idea if you are trying to keep sound down but it is hard to make it look good especally next to that case. How loud is the system sepecally those fans?

holy thread resurection batman!

I should update pics with my silverprop HL and 6800u but I'm getting an Iwaki MD-15R this week and replacing the mag3. Also gonna move the quick connects into the external box.

they aren't loud but aren't quiet... I have them at about 13v now and one won't start without some help so I can't go much lower. I had heard they were silent around 12v but found out otherwise :(

I know it's fugly but when it's up on my desk you just ignore it and look at the lovely lian... Maybe in the future?

Back