• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What case is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Murdies8up

Registered
I want to test water-cooling and I will need a new case the question is what case. Suggestions would be great. I dont want a cramped case. Aslo plane to use a heater core

for a tad under 200 i would suggest teh CM stacker... especially if your using a HC.. you can fit that nicely in the front

Space is always a great thing to have.

As such I really like the Mountainmod.com cube cases...but sort of gasp and choke at the price.

Some nice alternatives would be the:

Yeong Yang Cube

Chenbro Cube

Codegen Cube

Now the Codegen is admittedly more but comes with an easy installation for a double power supply setup. Kind of nice if running more than one 12v pump for running it off of a secondary PSU. I have heard of some knocks on the Codegen quality but have had one steel Codegen case for over 2 years with no difficulty *shrug*. The thing I really like about the Codegen is the removable plate that the power supply mounts to. Its premade for some modding to fit in a Rad/HC AND gives you a second chance if you decide to change something down the line.

They arent overly sexy cases BUT they have space. With a little modding I think about any one of them could be really amped up in terms of appearance as well.

***EDIT***
Upon looking at that Codegen (which you can get for $170 at Dealsonic.com) it would appear that the drive/PSU side is practically custom made to cut out the stamped grillwork for a dual 120mm rad/HC. The question would be placement of the intake fans. I believe they could be placed at the front of the same side in the drive rack. Lastly the tubing could easily be run through the provided holes. I would look into getting a dual HC with a leads at the top and bottom for ease of running the tubing. I believe it was Giblet who used a Fedco 2-342 single pass heater core that will accept dual 120mm fans.

The more I look at this the better I like it...

BIG warning however....this is NOT a Lan-Party type case. Lugging this monster around will most probably come with the added costs of doctor's bills for your back ;)

By way of a simple fix for working with this case....I would definitely put on casters for ease of moving it to work with it.

Last edited:
I like the Chenbro Genie, not huge like a cube and has plenty of room for 120MM fans front and back with room for pump and res all to be contained inside.

I just got this case and am very happy with it. It can fit a 2-302 core perfectly infront without any cutting because the HD racks are above the PSU. Its easily accesible with the door latch and nice puch clips in the front.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-467&depa=1

I was originally looking at the Codegen cube, but choose not to go that rought because it weighs more than 50 pounds :eek:. Also, some say Codegen quality is not the best.

I love the case BC I want a nice size case but I am not really wanting to go to a mondo server size case right now. That would be awful to lan with :p :beer:

Coolermaster Stacker - I just finished setting up my water cooling rig. There is LOADS of room for basically anything. In my case, I have room for a dual heatercore and still have three drive bays free (excluding the top one which is reserved for start/reset buttons and other gadgets).

Back