• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will WC help oc my CPU more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Primu$

Hey guys, Im just about to get into water cooling and was thinking it may not be worth the time and money.
I have a 2.0A Ghz CPU @ 3.2Ghz at 1.6 volts--> (CPU-Z reading) (default vcore in my bios is 1.525v). Im cooling it with a thermaltake Spark 7 hs/f my temps are at boot-up 22*C, Idles at 18-(on a good day)19*C, and 33-34*C i think my cpu has efficient cooling as is to oc.. but I have been trying to get this cpu past my 3.2 Ghz oc, but havent been successfull at it even when uping volts and mem timmings, so would water cooling be an effective way to gain more Mhz out of my CPU or is it not worth the time? What do y'all think? any questions about my rig please ask, my machine spec are in my sig.

Hey thanks for your input Overbrazil
Off topic: do you have pics of ur wc setup? i'd like to see ur dual loop

Well Ill be honest with ya. In order to get watercooling to be better than high end air cooling, you would need to spend almost $200. Which is really a waste of money.

You are far better off spending your w/c money on a new graphics card like the newly released 6600GT

Plus its a mess to setup and plus, what if you spring a leak?

Primu$ said:
Hey thanks for your input Overbrazil
Off topic: do you have pics of ur wc setup? i'd like to see ur dual loop
sure :p
dual.jpg

Sentential: i was thinking of investing the money in a video card too but i wanted to try wc and see if it would help push my CPU/GPU faster, the money isnt a matter for me, although i thirst for more performance :burn:.

"Plus its a mess to setup and plus, what if you spring a leak?" Ah i will follow wc procedures and do a 24hr leak test and are you tryin to get me worried about the idea? hehe :)

Overbrazil said:

hey nice setup very clean and simple for a dual loop setup i like the chrome rad ya got there :drool:, is that the bix rad? and wat kinda rad u have at the top of ur case? i like ur custom res too but why the 4 barbs?
Oh yea and where is ur pc components?

Primu$ said:
hey nice setup very clean and simple for a dual loop setup i like the chrome rad ya got there :drool:, is that the bix rad? and wat kinda rad u have at the top of ur case? i like ur custom res too but why the 4 barbs?
Oh yea and where is ur pc components?

Just guessing but thats going to be a separate WCing box..that is separate from his main box.

I think he said he has a '77 Bonneville Heater core (top) and a Fedco (not sure which one, could be the '86 Chevette Heater core (bottome) by its size but thats just guessing). I dont believe thats the BIX.

I am also guessing he is running 2 loops but a single reservoir. The 4 leads are for an inlet and outlet for each loop. The inlets will be at the top (to allow the air to rise out of the coolant) and the outlets to the pumps at the bottom. It is a cool reservoir btw. Nice job that ;)

Overbrazil...one other quick question....noise comparision between the two pumps?

Back