• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling at the moment...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aNTiChRisT

I've been kinda out-of-touch with watercooling recently, which wasnt clever seeming as how im about to replace it :)

So, i already had a mediocre system at the moment. I want to fit it all in my case, so if you have any suggestions for parts please reply and let me know.

1/2" Tubing
CPU Block: Swiftech 6002
GPU Block: To fit Radeon 9800
Pump: Swiftech 600?
Res: Going for a 5.25" bay rez
Rad: Going to pick a car one up locally, so i know it fits in my case right. 120mm push/pull across the bottom of my case.

I'm going to use a Y splitter for the CPU/GPU coolers, and re-join then with a dual-loop res.

Needs to be a decent pump, im having difficulty choosing because of all the bias/inaccurate reviews... if i could please have your recommendations? I'm somewhat limited on space -- I've got the 5 slots beneath my graphicscard to fit the pump. As i mentioned, it needs to be strong because its dual loop, and it is going to be pushing from the bottom of the case, to the top 5.25" bay in dual loop.

CPU and GPU, well the 6002 is available and not too pricey in the UK, plus its good performance for a 2 barb block... but i have no idea about the GPU block! UK retailers dont seem to be well stocked...

As for the rad, im going for a car one, any should be fine as long as it fits right?

Anything i missed?

Help greatly appreciated,

~t0m

push/pull is barely worth it.

Dont bother with the Y splitter, its a waste of time (and could possibly degrade performance)

Pump: Swiftech 600?
It's a good pump (Swiftech doesnt sell it anymore, but you can still get it as the AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12)

I'm going to use a Y splitter for the CPU/GPU coolers
Dont

but i have no idea about the GPU block!
The swiftech and Dangerden GPU blocks are pretty good.

As for the rad, im going for a car one, any should be fine as long as it fits right?
As long as it's made out of copper.

Go for thin, 2 inches is pretty much standurd but 1-1.25 should show better performance.

get the mcp600, still #1 IMO.

Dont split GPU/CPU, at the very best you will have half the flow through your blocks, the water will not flow evenly and give you a ton of trouble.

Wow, thanks for the info. Interesting. What do you suggest i do to cool the graphicscard and CPU? On the same loop?

Cheers,

~t0m

run the two blocks in series, not parallel. In a parallel you are restricting the flow to each block, seeing much worse preformance. in series the second gets a little hotter than the first, but its much cooler than either would be in parallel. For a HC, get an '86 Chevette HC for single 120mm, for dual get a '77 Bonneville (2-302) or a 2-342. As for GPU block, the Silverprop Fusion HL is great, all copper/brass so you dont have any alum, but the mcw50 maze4 are also good. Id get the maze4 over the mcw50, but the silverprop over either.

Dont think i can get silverprop in the UK... as for the heatercores, they'll need to be english models aswell :) I know a mechanic, maybe he can get me on '86 Chevette HC.

So;

Swiftech 6002 for the CPU
Swiftech 50-03 for the GPU
Swiftech 650 Pump

I can get them all off one site, so that helps. I may also order from the US, depending on pricing.

I'm going to check locally for that heatercore.

Please let me know what you think

~t0m

You should definetly be running the blocks in a series. That new swiftech CPU block looks like a very good choice to me. Also I have the swiftech GPU block and it offers nice performance considering how little it affects your flow rates.

A pull set-up would be almost as good as a push-pull and should give you more room in your case and allow you to use a bigger shroud for the pull set-up.

Your set-up looks like it will be a good performer to me :D.

Good Luck.

Thanks :) with regard to pull or push-pull on the fans, its going to be in the bottom/front of the case, with air moving across the width of the case... this gives me about (to be accurate) a DVD width space... should be ample for a 1-1.5" rad, shrouds and fans.

I thought i would buy a new case, the Antec P160. It will require some modification to the HDD rack, but it looks nice with the res i have decided to put in, its the nice one from www.aquacomputers.com

17155d.jpg

at_rot_200.jpg

~t0m

Back