• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

additives!!! Water Wetter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt_Horn

there is two parts to this thread, 1 does water wetter prevent bacteria and stuff or just corr. and 2 what additives are you using and in what percentage?

I never saw any growth when I used WW, however it does seem to stain tubing and leave a nasty film on everything. I no longer use it.

Currently I use DI water (from the supermarket) and Prestone antifreeze (the green stuff); 85% water, 15% antifreeze. I've never had any trouble with this mixture, though it's only been a few months.

Good luck with your setup!

it will leave a film on stuff and then as it builds up it will flake off eventually causing a blockage in flow and perhaps even MDK

it will leave a film on stuff and then as it builds up it will flake off eventually causing a blockage

now im wishing i didnt put it in my system... :(

I use water wetter. In my computer and my bike(RC-51) dropped the temp in my bike 8-10Degrees. so it must work. It works best with just water. Don't know about the other part of the ?

I have had problems with water wetter, from leaking. I changed out a mobo, in my big rig, and spilled a small amount of coolant on it. It was powered down at the time, but the water wetter caused some nasty corrosion in the RAM slots, and ruined that board.

Since that time, I have used nothing but RO distilled water, and some isopropyl alcohol. Have had the same type accident, and have had no more corrosion.

steve

Back