• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling my AXP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok i wanna invest in a water cooling system

my price range is about 120bucks, and i dont know anything about water coolign so what exactly do i need for it?
any suggestions for a system for around and under 120bucks?

thanks

I would say air-cool that chip. It's not big enough to warrent WC'ing. However, if you really want to WC it, get the same WB I have (roughly $60), a dbl heatercore (you can make one yourself for about $25, see stickies), 2x120mm fan's (I believe someone offers them at $6 each in the class'ies), and a pump of some sort (lurk the classies again, for a good deal).

2-302 Heatercore $20
2x120mm Sanyo Fans $16
Mag3 Pump $45
Tubing $5
Fittings $5
Swiftech 6002 $45
Cardboard and Duct tape Shroud Free
About as cheap as it will come, and you can find some of this stuff in the classified section. Will cool very good.

is ther any like deals that include all i need? like a package on any website such as newegg or xoxide.com?

Honesltly dont get mad if i say this. If I were you, I would just get a new cpu. The watercooler will be worth more then cpu.
Thanks

Dangerden sells kits, but that jacks the price up quite a bit. Just do it yourself and save a few bucks, but I agree with elec999 - upgrade the system before you upgrade the cooling.

i know, but im going to get a new CPU later this year, and i because i have money and want to see how far i can get my AXP2000+ tred B.

so water coolign is an investment for my new cpu im gonna get later, and for educational purposes on my current CPU

Its not a bad idea to play around with but...

You may just be doubling your cost on CPU blocks which in the above suggested system is one of the two most expensive parts. Make sure your future CPU and current CPU will accept the same waterblock or it could be throwing $50 down the tube.

you see, i dont know anything about water cooling...maybe ill stick with a nice thermalright HSF for the time being..

That's the best decision I think. An XP-120 or XP-90 will make sure your CPU stays nice and cool. If you really want to, do a ducting mod.

Back