• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How tall is the 2-302 HC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

Just got my case in and I'm doing some measurements on parts to see what will fit cuz I havent actually recieved all the parts yet. I may have to cut out the bottom rail of my floppy drive cage to give the HC enough clearance. If I cut it out from the bottom of the case to the middle of the floppy cage I have 11" of room. How tall in inches is the Dual Heatercore, including up to where the little hump is that has the pipes?

It looks like I'll have just enough room to fit the massive Iwaki pump in. If either of these dont fit though I'm just going to refund the case and get the CM Stacker.

I would say it's 11 inches long, little over 6 inches wide, and 2 and 1/4 inches tall (with my shroud and fans, it's 4 inches).

Thanks but can anyone give me some more exact measurements? I'm not likely to get the HC very soon yet but if I can find out it wont fit I can send the case back ASAP and buy the Stacker.

I believe mine was higher than I thought it would be, around 12" to 12.5". Its huge, I had to take out my floppy bay and some little box on the bottom that was giving the case support. My case is still standing though, and I never use my floppy anyway, so it was worth it. Oh, the 12"-12.5" is INCLUDING the barbs, something that is often not included in the measuremeant of heatercores.

if you get the 302 that has the 10-3/4" core, it will be about 12-1/2" X 5-5/8 X 2" with the tanks. There are some versions of the 2-302 that use a 10.5" core but they appear to be a little less common. I have one at home, I'll have to measure it to give you the specs on it with the tanks.

If you need one that is slightly shorter, check out the 2-199 which is normally around 10.5-10.75" overall with the tanks but it is a little wider - normally in the 6-1/8" to 6-3/8" range

The 2-199 cant fit two fans though, its a single fan HC. The 2-342 is a dual HC and is a little shorter than the 2-302, I think its around 10" with barbs, but I could be wrong on that one. It preforms about the same however, as it is a bit wider, resulting in simillar surface area. So if you want a dual HC, pick whichever between the 2-302 or 2-342 would fit better in your case.

Achilles17 said:
The 2-199 cant fit two fans though, its a single fan HC. The 2-342 is a dual HC and is a little shorter than the 2-302, I think its around 10" with barbs, but I could be wrong on that one. It preforms about the same however, as it is a bit wider, resulting in simillar surface area. So if you want a dual HC, pick whichever between the 2-302 or 2-342 would fit better in your case.

the 2-199 is perfectly capable of dual 120s and by no means a single fan HC:
ch1.2corewfans.jpg

despite how the fans may appear in that pic due to the angle of the shot - dual 120s will fit nicely on a 199 with no overhang. The core on the 199 is almost identical in size to the core on the 2-342 but it does not have tanks as tall as the ones on a 342 (which are some of the taller tanks you will see on a core) which gives you a smaller overall package.

Also, most 342 cores are a hair over 11" after add in the tanks.

Last edited:
Back