• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"best" dual 120mm heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only two options that should be considered are the fedco 2-302 and the fedco 2-342. The 2-302 is taller but skinnier, and the 2-342 is shorter but wider. They dont vary that much, only 1-2 inches max each way. They preform about the same, its just a matter of which would be more convienent. Neither is smaller than the other, about the same surface area, just depends on which would fit in your case better.

are these better than a dual BIX, besides the huge price difference? also are these copper or aluminum or what? i like the position of the fedco 2-342 barbs for what im planning on in my setup. Would a MCP600 be strong enough for one of the afore mentioned cores, a TDX, fuzion HL or MAze4 and POSSIbly and chipset block?

edit - ill be using 4 sanyo denkis(the ones in the classifieds section) on a fan controller.

Last edited:
Remember, the 2-342 is a single pass core, so less flow restriction than 2-302. Both are better than any bix, and mcp600 is fine.

Like this, right?

cetoole said:
Remember, the 2-342 is a single pass core, so less flow restriction than 2-302. Both are better than any bix, and mcp600 is fine.

My config on 2 sinlge pass cores
coresmounted.jpg

image.....

Dont get to fond of it, it is already being replaced. Got a different case today, and will bemodding it to take a couple cores.

2Busy, can you measure the length of the 2 heatcores? How long and how wide are they if you put them next to each other like you did?

measurements

nissmo300 said:
2Busy, can you measure the length of the 2 heatcores? How long and how wide are they if you put them next to each other like you did?

Seems like they are right at 23 inches, but I think I have about 1/2 inch gap between the two of them. I will be out there later tonight working, and get you an actual measurement.

Back