• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downloaded XP SP2, Messed up my PC!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

I just downloaded XP SP2 and my PC is acting strange, logon screen dont appear anymore, PC hangs, what happening now, can somebody explain this to me, and I didnt backup my file, how silly of me. I need help!!!!!!!! THANKS :cry:

The system must be adware and spyware free prior to installing SP2. The best thing I can suggest is try booting up in safe mode and then use system restore to a select a date prior to installing sp2.

So after I did a system restore, will SP2 still be there and what would be the next step. THANKS

SP2 will no longer be there after the system restore. I supposed another option instead of system restore is to go to add/remove programs and uninstall sp2. At any rate, afterwards, run adaware and spybot search & destroy, disk clean up, etc. You should then be able to install sp2. Close out all programs before installing sp2 btw.

I had the same problem. what i did was go into safe mode and do a system restore. "DO NOT remove it with ADD/Remove programs!!!!!" It will cause an error and will corrupt your HD!!!! SYSTEM RESTORE ONLY!!!

Back