• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lain Li PC65 - Watercooling completed - Initial Pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Lian Li PC65 - Watercooling completed - Initial Pictures

IMG_00014.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Watercooling completed. I'm very happy with the outcome, everything is running smoothly. The stock NF7 northbridge fan has been replaced with a passive heatsink (which you can kind of see in the first picture).

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
Looks good, but I would be concerned about the passive nb, you don't have a CPU fan or side case fan to cool it, so it might get a little hot. Thermalright NB-1 and NB-1c are not too expensive and will give you better cooling. The water loop looks nice, good job.

Thanks. Yes the new heatsink on the NB does get pretty warm. We'll see how it goes, it is running very stable right now.

Added some pics. They aren't coming out as expected, still need to learn how to use this powershot a75 camera.

gingo said:
Thanks. Yes the new heatsink on the NB does get pretty warm. We'll see how it goes, it is running very stable right now.

Added some pics. They aren't coming out as expected, still need to learn how to use this powershot a75 camera.

Use a tripod, and use the setting 'P' - it allows a good amount of control without having to worry too much about exposure.

Visually, temps really aren't any better than with an SP-97 w/92mm Panaflo. But, do to serious lack of airflow around the socket area now, combined with the fact that the NF7-S uses socket diode, I feel the actual temp is quite a bit lower than before.

Senater_Cache said:
@ It teh Cow....what was your influence?

Nearly his entire system.

What did your whole setup run you? I'm just starting to look into watercooling - wanna quiet down my rig a little bit.

Looks very nice.

I've ordered a set of cables and sleeves - black sleeves and black IDE cables - now I know what it will look like! Is that a trueblue supply? That's what my power cable looks like running to the motherboard.

somegeek said:
What did your whole setup run you? I'm just starting to look into watercooling - wanna quiet down my rig a little bit.

Looks very nice.

I've ordered a set of cables and sleeves - black sleeves and black IDE cables - now I know what it will look like! Is that a trueblue supply? That's what my power cable looks like running to the motherboard.

Total cost was around $250. The powersupply is an Antec 430W True. Its not the trueblue, I dont think I could stand having LED fans in my system anymore. The blue cold cathode you see is only one once in a while.

Back