• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arrange icons----->reverse name order?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

ok so for some unknown reason windows has decided to re-arrange ALL of the files on my computer into reverse alphabetical order, I can return them to normal but it just changes back as soon as I close it. Anyone got any ideas as t how to solve this? It's really pissing me off and I don't fancy formatting right now either. :temper:

Go to any folder and view by details then click on the name tab at the top of the column to sort or reverse sort the filenames. Go back to icon view. Open Tools\folder options...\view tab. Make sure the box "remember each folders view settings" is checked. Click the "apply to all folders" button at the top of the pop-up. Close the box.
That should do it.

brilliant, thanks for that, I thought I was gonna cry if it kept on happening! :bang head

Back