• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Not Working...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boosted98gsx

So i OC'ed my 2.4c to 3.0 and i would like to run prime95 to torture test it, but it cannot connect to the server to d-load the data it needs. Anyone else having this problem?

You may need to alter some settings - to just run the torture test, I never needed an internet connection. Haven't primed for a long time, or I would offer more help.

EDIT: Thank you obsolete, I have no idea whats wrong with me. Perhaps you changed your avatar and it threw off the earths balance setting off some uncalculated chain reaction of accidental events? Anyways...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS BOOSTED!

You might also try joining the folding team, we help cancer research by letting a program use our idle CPU cycles, and its also a great stability test for our machines. :)

What obsolete said, kind of jogged my memory - there is an option to stress test or actually perform distributed computeing work looking for new mersenne primes. You just want to select the option to stress test. I'm not sure where that option is selected, or if you have to reinstall to change your selection though. Someone should know better who uses prime more often.

Last edited:
Boosted98gsx said:
So i OC'ed my 2.4c to 3.0 and i would like to run prime95 to torture test it, but it cannot connect to the server to d-load the data it needs. Anyone else having this problem?

HUH?! Have you d/led the software yet? Is that the problem your having?

Or if you already have it installed, which option did you select when you first installed it? It asks if you just stress testing or join gimp somethin another which would probably try to do somethin with the internet. If this scenario is the problem, you just want to stress test, don't join gimps.

But, more information would be nice, I'm not really grasping the exact problem here.

BTW - WELCOME

(IMOG where are your manners, tisk tisk)

Thanks for the welcome. I'll consider doing the cancer thing after i make sure my system is stable. Right now that's what i'm trying to determine.

Ok, right now Prime95 is doing the Lucas-Lehmer code for some reason, and i get an error about my hardware. Says Rounding was .5 and expected less than .4. What's up with this?

Yeah that means it is not stable. So it is in fact working then?

When you see errors or what not, that is prime telling you your CPU & or memory are not stable. You can some what ignore the actual errors it's saying. Just know that when it quits like that or stops, it's not stable.

What do you have your system at? vcore, vdimm, fsb, etc.......?

BTW - It would be more beneficial for people if you included your system into your signature by going to profile, then, "edit signature". Kina like mine is.....

Eeek, I'm not Intel guru.........I can't really give you specifics. Ahhh........Why did you lower the vdimm?!

Basically you need to revert back to stock & slowly raise things. Try raising fsb in intervals of 4 or 5. It's a rather slow process at times, but it's worth the effort. I generally just slowly raise things & then run prime on torture. You shouldn't have to worry about your vdimm. Unless your memory likes less volts at certain timings & speeds, you can pretty much jack that sucker all the way up. Just like any system though, your going to have to "play" with it to see how it reacts.

Did you unlock prime95 so you can set the priority to 10?!?! Pretty pointless to run prime without a priority of 10, because it will not tax your system as much.

Sorry I can't give you more in depth help, but as I said, Intel stuff...........eekkkk.

@IMOG, hahaha. I put my real picture up as my avatar to scare people, it works! And yes, I hear folding is a good stability test as well, probably more laxed then prime would be on your system. I personally have not pondered upon the folding side of things...........To much of my own crap to do I guess. I didn't catch on to your edit till now, lmao.

Back