• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little upgrade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

It's finally coming togather. I'm starting to wonder now if I belong in the Extreme Cooling category. :santa:

800x600.aspx

800x600.aspx

Old setup was the Aquarius III (boo):

800x600.aspx

d94 said:
sweet setup :D
what sorts of temps are you getting?
Haven't installed it yet. With the Aquarius, I'm getting a mobo-reported 53C idle, 68C load! Oh, with everything stock (volts, 3.6Ghz, etc).

JDizzle said:
That radiator is huge! BTW what kind of fan covers are those?
The Black Ice Xtreme III radiator. The fan grills are from Directron.com (there's only grills like that, those are aluminum ones above).

The reason I went this large is actually three:

1.) I wanted something to cool the next generation of cpus and mobos (dual cores and/or dual cpus) as well as dual SLI cards (already got two 6800 GTOs :D). So not to upgrade later.

2.) I want to leave the door open for TEC (Pelters) if I decide on that, without upgrading. ;)

3.) I wanted whisper quiet operation. I know, some of you are saying "Those Denki fans are loud at full voltage!" Yep, I know. That's why I got such a large radiator and excellent fans. I'm goign to play with wiring them in series at 12V (that's 4V per fan), vs. the mobo controlled 6-12v variable controller (in paraelle). That was the reason for the new case as well, with 120mm fans and rated for that INtel 38C ambient rating.

Last edited:
9mmCensor said:
what case is that in the frst 2 pics?
The ThermalTake Shark case. I wanted a super light aluminum case, rated at that stupid Intel 38C spec, and excellent cooling (not to mention good looks) with very low noise.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-143&depa=0

My only regret is I didn't notice the lack of space between the mobo and HD areas (where the pump usually goes). My SATA RAID Controller card takes up all of that room down there, with the 256MB cache memory. If I remove the memory, the pump will barely squeeze in. But, uh, no.

I'll think of something.

11-133-143-14.JPG

Back